I suggest you ...

Watchlist: sort in a random order

The title says it all, yo. I've personally seen at least three people asking for a similar feature. Adding a button that would randomly choose a movie in your watchlist for you.

What you could do if you were feeling all kinds of fancy is even adding the ability of letting the user input a tag, to help you choose a movie in its watchlist.

584 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KathleenKathleen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FuriousFryFuriousFry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just sort the list randomly. So that the people that wnat one movie specifically can click on the first one, while the others can wade through the list of movies they've amassed over the years in a random order.

• Lewis FreemanLewis Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love for a button within list and watchlist tabs that will select a random film from that list for you to watch. This would just make things easier to find something to watch.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I need this, Hope this is something they are working on. Looks like this suggestion has been floating here for a long time though :(

• rjtrjt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love to see this. Especially if it generated, for example, three titles, and I pick one from there.

Would also be nice to be able to use it on any list, so I could generate a random suggestion from a list of films I own.

• Philip FreitasPhilip Freitas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really good idea!!! I have a lot of movies in my watchlist that i really want to watch, but never know wich one to watch.. This would fix that in seconds :)

Please. Watchlist seems so underwhelming, it's like a list but worst, I think they should be equal, not one worst than another

I thought this would be suggesting a random movie for the watchlist. I like that idea too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this I find essential. I have so many things that at some point I want to watch, but kind of forget why. I think it'll be awesome having the website say: Watch this one right here now, because at some point you decided it was a good idea, have fun and don't worry about the rest of this list.

• Brett the WieseBrett the Wiese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Just for poops and giggles. It may be a seemingly useless feature, but for us fanatics it would make things easier at the end of the day!

• PA BoxPA Box commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes ! Please !
        Random is the best way to go when you love movies of all kind

• PA BoxPA Box commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi my watchlist is getting very very big and often I have no idea what to watch first! Where to start from! I think it would be awesome to have a "random pick" feature there so the decision is made for me by letterboxd. Real movie fans love to be surprised but sometimes keep a film in their lists for a long time. You could then create more options like : out on dvd, most popular first, less famous first, short movies (90 mn), long movies (120 mn and more), and then by genres : comedies, dramas, etc....hope you like the idea! Thx for the website

• SteNmaSteNma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a random pick button, or add to the "sort by" section of watchlist a RANDOM options,because i have 10 movies or 100 and i don't know which one to pick.
        Thank you for your time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base