I suggest you ...

Watchlist: sort in a random order

The title says it all, yo. I've personally seen at least three people asking for a similar feature. Adding a button that would randomly choose a movie in your watchlist for you.

What you could do if you were feeling all kinds of fancy is even adding the ability of letting the user input a tag, to help you choose a movie in its watchlist.

594 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kathleen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dex It’s in the SORT BY menu on your opwn watchlist. As it only generates a shuffled "first page" on longer lists, it’s probably not so useful on other types of lists, but potentially we could consider it if there’s sufficient demand.

• Toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Matthew Buchanan thankyou for adding this and fixing it. Small but great little addition.

• Dex Bracewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. I still don't have a shuffle option neither. And also, will it just be the watchlist involved or could it be possible to get the shuffle option on other people's lists?

• Hayden MacDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also unable to get the shuffle option to generate new orders. I've refreshed the page, changed up the sort by option and moved away from the page entirely but I still get the same "shuffle" order of movies.

• Toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The shuffle option just added shuffles it the same order every time...

• FuriousFry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just sort the list randomly. So that the people that wnat one movie specifically can click on the first one, while the others can wade through the list of movies they've amassed over the years in a random order.

• Lewis Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love for a button within list and watchlist tabs that will select a random film from that list for you to watch. This would just make things easier to find something to watch.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I need this, Hope this is something they are working on. Looks like this suggestion has been floating here for a long time though :(

• rjt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love to see this. Especially if it generated, for example, three titles, and I pick one from there.

Would also be nice to be able to use it on any list, so I could generate a random suggestion from a list of films I own.

• Philip Freitas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really good idea!!! I have a lot of movies in my watchlist that i really want to watch, but never know wich one to watch.. This would fix that in seconds :)

Please. Watchlist seems so underwhelming, it's like a list but worst, I think they should be equal, not one worst than another

I thought this would be suggesting a random movie for the watchlist. I like that idea too.

Yeah, this I find essential. I have so many things that at some point I want to watch, but kind of forget why. I think it'll be awesome having the website say: Watch this one right here now, because at some point you decided it was a good idea, have fun and don't worry about the rest of this list.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base