I suggest you ...

Amazon Prime!

Is there any way you can show me if movies are available for free instant streaming with Amazon Prime? That would be excellent... :)

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tom H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it appears this feature is broken! could you take a look at the Amazon Prime sorting filter for services for Pro members? it doesn’t appear to be showing the FREE instant streaming options but including paid options instead. something may have changed in their algorithm perhaps?

• Ebony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matt, I'm not sure what API you're using for the title search but if you're using the _Product Advertising API_ it does seem possible to know if a product is eligible for free streaming for Prime members. If you include "Offers" in the Response Groups for an *Item Search* or *Item Lookup* operation then if it's free for Prime members it should include a flag labelled `IsEligibleForPrimeFreeDigitalVideo`. I've only tested and verified results for titles against my UK Prime account but I'd have to assume it works the same in other territories.

Hope this helps, would love to be able to filter by Prime availability.

• Enno Jacobsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this feature. Prime filtering would be very useful. (Flixster is doing it.)
    Also interesting would be HBOgo and Hulu.
    Thanks!

• Greg Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like you've added "Available on Amazon Instant" - which is somewhat helpful, but really, Amazon sells everything and they stream ALMOST everything (for a rental fee) - so it really doesn't whittle the list down too much. Amazon Prime (free) movies are the ones I most care about, since they're included with my Prime membership. Thanks!

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base