I suggest you ...

Follow/Subscribe to a List, Actor, Director, Studio or Tag

Besides liking a list, I think it would be nice if you can follow a list. Some lists will change or grow over time and it would be nice if people get a notification in their activity of it when they choose to follow a list.

554 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature I'd love would be the ability to follow actors/directors and have their new projects automatically added to my watchlist. This would be a huge help since I have a lot of favorites and cannot possibly keep up with all of them. Notifications would be cool, but this would be even more useful for someone like me.

Not everyone would like it so the option to turn it off would obviously also have to be there lol. But this is what I dream about!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I want to be able to follow directors/actors/editors/crew etc. Not producers. Those guys are assholes (kidding).

• dandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to follow actors and directors as well. Whenever I am on a film site I would like to see the actor and or the director's name highlighted or checked that I am following. This makes the site even more comprehensive and user friendly. Your site is awesome. This feature would put it over the top for me. The site ENTORA has done a great job of that but I think your site is even better and more comprehensive.

• beebee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to be able to flag or like actors and directors whose filmography you are interested in so that you can look through them at a later date without having to add all of their films to your watchlist

• sqwsqw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me2, would very much love the feature to follow an actor, director, etc.

• dobatadobata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's shocking no movie site has that feature, would really set letterboxd apart from the rest

• JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be much nicer if I can follow directors and filmmakers alike for when their works come out. Goodreads has this function and it is one of the thing I like about their site, would love to see it on here too. Love the site so far.

• Happy_MachineHappy_Machine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to get notifications when a director, actor, or writer you follow releases a new film. I've had the experience where a director I admire has released a film and I wasn't even aware.

• Sarah AnneSarah Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely want to be able to follow/like actors and directors! I think the feature showing the percentage of a person's films that you have watched is really cool and useful, as there are many actors and directors whose filmography I would like to watch. It would be awesome to be able to easily access a list of all the filmographies I'm working on.

• AnnaAnna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great to have this feature. Are there any plans to implement this in the near future?

• MarcusMarcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be good to allow liking of cast & crew.
        Some people, myself included, have favourite actors, directors, etc. I think it would be good to allow liking of cast & crew, making lists involving them, and even displaying favourites on your profile if desired.

Director pages need a Like / Follow / Add to watchlist / Find similar / etc. box like the one on individual film pages

keeping up to date with number of favourite people's future activities has never been easy, this will be a huge improvement

• alittlelostalittlelost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. There's quite a few people whose work I love staying on top of (in fact I love going back to their page to see the total percentage of movies watched), and this would make it SO much easier.

• GlenGlen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. I really want to be able to like or create lists of favorite actors, directors, etc.

• bambibambi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really think this would be a great feature. On the 'Likes' section there should be a part for people too. This would allow you to keep track of your favourite crew or cast, and it would definitely give another dimension to the already brilliant site. Letterboxd please do this!!

• Hentai CopHentai Cop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you add the ability for a user to subscribe or follow a tag? For example, if I want to follow new reviews or lists that involve "soviet montage", or a challenge like "december project", it would be great to get stuff in my activity feed that involves these topics without being limited to just the users I follow.

So if I want to follow reviews concerning "soviet montage", there will be some type of button or somewhere I can type in that tag, and once I do that I will start to have reviews and lists tagged with that show up in my activity feed. Of course, to avoid clutter (such as if I was following "december project" and wanted to avoid having 100s of reviews in my feed), their would need to be an able to toggle on/off viewing followed tags (or something else that would curb this issue, such as a separate activity stream).

Hopefully this is something that users will be interested in!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base