I suggest you ...

Follow/Subscribe to a List, Actor, Director, Studio or Tag

Besides liking a list, I think it would be nice if you can follow a list. Some lists will change or grow over time and it would be nice if people get a notification in their activity of it when they choose to follow a list.

883 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alittlelost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. There's quite a few people whose work I love staying on top of (in fact I love going back to their page to see the total percentage of movies watched), and this would make it SO much easier.

• Glen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. I really want to be able to like or create lists of favorite actors, directors, etc.

• bambi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really think this would be a great feature. On the 'Likes' section there should be a part for people too. This would allow you to keep track of your favourite crew or cast, and it would definitely give another dimension to the already brilliant site. Letterboxd please do this!!

• Hentai Cop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you add the ability for a user to subscribe or follow a tag? For example, if I want to follow new reviews or lists that involve "soviet montage", or a challenge like "december project", it would be great to get stuff in my activity feed that involves these topics without being limited to just the users I follow.

So if I want to follow reviews concerning "soviet montage", there will be some type of button or somewhere I can type in that tag, and once I do that I will start to have reviews and lists tagged with that show up in my activity feed. Of course, to avoid clutter (such as if I was following "december project" and wanted to avoid having 100s of reviews in my feed), their would need to be an able to toggle on/off viewing followed tags (or something else that would curb this issue, such as a separate activity stream).

Hopefully this is something that users will be interested in!

• Mikk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, I wholeheartedly agree! Letterboxd, please make this happen!

• varconc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to like actors and directors and other crew the same way that we can like movies and lists, and have them appear on our profiles / likes pages. It would add another dimension into how we relate to other users, being able to compare liked people. For example, i might want to follow users who also like Natalie Portman and Paul Thomas Anderson. It would also be great discussion starters (:

2 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base