I suggest you ...

Community Events

I'm currently participating in the 2nd Letterboxd Festival and I just thought that there has to be a better way of organising such activities.

It would be great if there was some function which would (1) allow people to discuss openly about the festival and the films, and (2) be in a single list/page format, instead of being forced to use multiple lists. These events could be organised by users, or even administrators, allowing community-wide participation and interaction.

Festivals are a big part of film culture, and it would be a great way to Letterboxd to differentiate itself as not just any social website, but one that is designed for the film lover.

As an aside, thanks for all the hard work thus far, it's been an absolute delight using the website :)

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
standardchin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to post something similar, with regards to community lists. When someone creates a list like: every single Palmes D'or winner in history, it would be great to flag it somehow as a Community List in the sense that everyone can see it in a special place so that 25 other people don't have to make the same list. Basically a place for lists that don't change, to avoid duplication given how much work is involved in such lists.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base