I suggest you ...

Correct the “more services” feature

The “more services” feature is great for telling you where you might be able to stream a film. But it is incorrect on so many occasions. For example, it says that Brawl in Cell Block 99 is streaming on showtime anytime. But this is false.

It’s a great feature in theory if you can get it right.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JustWatch is an indispensable resource, would be amazing to have it linked with your service

• Kerry Driscoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason I upgraded to pro is so I can determine which services I can find films on my watchlist. But it's consistently wrong and I had to end up paying for the last two movies I settled on watching. Please fix this feature!

I noticed that Rosemary's Baby lists Filmstruck as a service you can stream the movie with a subscription. That is not accurate. I've noticed other instances where the services listed to watch a movie are wrong. I hope you are working on a more reliable system because as it stands, I find the feature untrustworthy.

• Jason Hatch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I paid the 19 bucks for pro specifically so I could sort my watchlist by service but the list of what's available on what service is wildly outdated and inaccurate. I suggest to funnel some of those membership fees towards an intern to keep that updated weekly (at least). Obviously I love your website and I am more than happy to contribute the 19 bucks even without this feature but let me know what can be done to help keep these services databases updated! I'd even be willing to help do it myself if you have a working template. ALSO, it would be EXTREMELY cool if we could link our accounts like Vudu and Netflix and arrange the list by movies we own or have in our watchlist on those sites. Thanks! You guys rule!

• Fran Glean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JustWatch would have UK support, too! That's the main thing stopping me from going pro right now, I don't think GoWatchIt supports UK streaming services

• hoogie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly my experience. I paid for pro to be able to easily check which films from my watchlist were available on Netflix. Turns out that GoWatchIt is pretty bad at this, so the feature is almost useless.

JustWatch is much, much better. Please drop GoWatchIt and partner with JustWatch instead!

GoWatchIt is terrible, especially for Netflix. I realize you don't have a lot of control over this, but you could consider switching services. JustWatch is the best I've found. I paid for pro on Letterboxd in large part because of the service filtering option so I've been severely let down by this.

General: Website

Feedback and Knowledge Base