I suggest you ...

Make some way to filter real reviews. Maybe add a 'comment' section or a 'dislike' button.

Too many high rated 'reviews' are some comedic quip and not actual reviews at all.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
theSteeeeels shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dilay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really annoys me to see always the same people write stupid ''joke'' reviews. A filter would be great.

• theSteeeeels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scott, exactly; a 'review' is just someone 'commenting'—as in it a lot of the time it isnt a review at all.
    the problem is that reviews are the only means of communication on a film page and therefore will INEVITABLY get cluttered with random stuff. what's even more annoying is when these non-reviews are the highest rated on the page, and then sometimes they even get a place on the homepage!

i think some kind of comment/message board section on each film would be a lot more efficient.

• Scott Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would help is further definition of the terms. a "Review" at this point is just a user commenting on a movie. Some users try to be Roger Ebert and spend 1000 words, others just want 140 characters to say what their favorite part or biggest complaint is. Both are valid. Differentiating the two (and setting a user preference of which to see on top) would be useful.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base