I suggest you ...

Browse Collections

A year plus later, I'm just discovering that you added "Related Films," i.e. Collections. Thanks for that! (FYI: I think I've missed seeing them because I rarely scroll down below the recent/popular reviews. Might be worth moving that one row of Related Films above the Reviews. Food for thought.)

Now that we have Collections, I'd love to browse them. At minimum, I'd like the ability to browse all Collections you're tracking. Ideally, I'd love the ability to sort descending that Collections browsing page by average rating of the films comprising said collections. So if the 8 harry potter movies have an average rating 3.8, show me that number and have that collection appear higher on the list than the Mission Impossible collection, which has a 3.2 avg for its 6 films.

Lastly, am I correct that you're pulling Collection data from TheMovieDB? Does this mean that you're not maintaining your own info? I've noticed a few questionable gaps, e.g. Rogue One is not related to any films. You would think "A Star Wars Story" would be related to Star Wars, no? Same goes for Marvel movies like Doctor Strange. It's not related to anything. Seems like it should be related to other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I guess the issue there is a film potentially belonging to multiple collection. Winter Soldier would then have to belong to the Captain America collection as well as the MCU collection. Fun challenges to work through though. (Can you tell I'm a software developer?)

Bottom line: thanks for adding Collections! :)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Greg Robinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for reading, Matthew. And thanks for the link! This note over at TMDb sounds promising: "Collections are only the beginning. We will implement a proper "universe" feature in the future."

Related suggestion re: browsing: if dealing with Average scoring is a pain, and I'm guessing it might be, it might be cool to simply start with a heart - the ability to like a Collection. Then you could at least provide a list of "Most Popular Collections" i.e. the collections with the most likes.

Good luck and thanks again!

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base