I suggest you ...

IMDB Watchlist Syncing

I suggest you add the ability to sync watchlists in between IMDB and Letterboxd. I'm not sure if you could update IMDB, but you should be able to pull the data off of the IMDB watchlist. To sync, we would only have to enter the url of the watchlist's RSS feed.

Here is an example of an rss feed you could pull data from:

http://rss.imdb.com/user/ur35495296/watchlist

Couchpotat.to uses this method.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gypsy Darkness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I also feel like at least an initial import of IMDB/etc lists should be included with a free Letterboxd account, and syncing should be a pro feature. I understand that it is a resource-intensive process, but allowing each new user the chance to import (to a fairly new service) their information from a service they've probably been using for years (like IMDB) would be a simple and effective way to allow them to reach the full potential of this service as swiftly as possible, decreasing the likelihood of people saying 'I'd have to add all couple thousand of these films individually, the heck with that' and leaving before they've really begun. List syncing would also encourage some of those people to continue to use both (since we know most people won't actually stop using IMDB/etc anyway).

• C Rios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I don't use the watch list feature on Letterboxd because I already have one on IMDB, and it's too long to re-create from scratch.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base