I suggest you ...

Add Favorite Actors/Directors on Profile page

The ability to list one's favorite films is great, especially when sharing preferences with friends; the opportunity to list favorite actors would be just as convenient. Adding a "favorite actors" category to a users profile page would be a fairly simple change that could really add a lot of personality to each account.

268 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rachelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeathNyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this. Adding fav actors should be a must for a movie based social website.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be awesome to have a favorites section for actors/actresses we love. You can limit it to 4 like the Favorite Films section on the profile. You already have separate profiles for each actors/actresses so adding a small heart or symbol that we can click to add the person to our favorites would work well.

Just like we have favorite films, you should have options to add favorite actor, actress, producer to our profiles.

• Dxerty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-Add the ability to add a actor and director as favorites
        -To highlight the actors and directors added as favorites in cast list

• Eric Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a tab next to your favourite films on your profile to display your favourite directors also. Probably limited to 4 like the favourite films one.

Isn't it a fun idea that you could not only add your 'favorite movies' to your profile page, but also your favorite directors (and/or actors, on a seperate row)?

• Dinelka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh absolutely yes! Fantastic idea, just something else this site would easily benefit from. I especially love the director option! :)

yes. this is awesome.

since you already have director and actor pages id like to see a top 4 actors and top 4 directors for each profile page (or one or neither if the user chooses). and for each, just like the current top 4 films, there's a "poster card" but it is the photo on the already created actor/director pages...

Feedback and Knowledge Base