I suggest you ...

Add a distinction between feature films, tv shows and maybe others types of media (short films, mini tv series, etc.).

It doesn't need to be something big like having a different page layout for movies and series. It's just that if I enter a page of a tv series that I don't know, I confuse it for a movie. A simple one or two words description like "feature film"/"tv series" next to the title or somewhere on the page would be enough.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pedro Águia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eirik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an obvious improvement I'm surprised Letterboxd still haven't done anything. The clutter is ridiculous. Browse through the top 50 2018 films sorted by average rating and you will find that less than 50% are actual feature films. No idea why mini series are allowed in the first place, but it really should be possible to hide them. Stand-up, concerts and and other non-features should also be possible to filter out, but mini series need to be handled first.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They need to be in a whole different category, or in the least, there needs to be a way to hide them when browsing. Like how I can make watched titles invisible, why can't we do the same for TV/comedy titles?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The need for this option is bigger than ever for me. I feel like an option to hide everything but films that have received a theatrical release is crucial, I find myself slogging through tons of stuff that aren't actually films (concert videos, youtube series, limited TV series, web series, filmed stage plays, etc.) when the reason I come here is to find movies to watch.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you click on the 2010 decade and sort by highest rated, for example, you will see that 7 items in the first 2 rows are not movies, but miniseries. I also notice that there are some items like the pilot episode of Twin Peaks or an episode of Black Mirror that I would not necessarily want to see when I'm looking for movies.

I really like the "Hide Short Films" option in the eye menu, and was wondering if the same could be done for "Hide Miniseries/Television" in order to simply be able to have a list purely made up of movies when searching through different categories.

General: Website

Feedback and Knowledge Base