I suggest you ...

Private accounts (and/or private Diary Entries and Ratings)

I'd like the option if keeping my account private, like how Twitter handles private accounts.

830 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make private account possible, you've been thinking about it for more than 2 years now, can you make it happen soon, please?

• Gopi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make my diary a personal one. I don't wanna watch other to see what I have done yesterday or what I am doing today. I want to remember when and where I watched my movies that's why I'm maintaining my diary. Please keep it as my private diary until my death.

We all have those films that we want to add/review publicly because we're afraid our followers(family, classmates, colleagues) would judge us. Let them be LGBT, childish cartoons, or the ones our friends gave only 1 star.

Add the "hide from" or "customize viewer" or "make it private" feature, please.

• Ankit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When logging movies(goes into Diary), give option for the users to set privacy. Users may want some movies in their diary not to be seen in pubic but for their own record.

You can have three (or more) levels of privacy:
        Public,
        My Followers/Members,
        Private(Only Me)

An option that allows users to choose whether they wish to share their review outside (on the film's page) of their profile. Ah, privacy settings for reviews. Me only, shared with followers, shared with Letterboxd community, shared with public.

• Ben Buckingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree that it is a fairly niche usage. I am in this same position, & I know of a large number of people who either do not rate or have not even signed up because this is an issue for them. A festival can employ hundreds of people to be panelists, and they are amongst the most passionate and socially connected of film viewers.
        I love this site, & I am trying to hit 500 films this year, but at the moment I have a bout 50 I cannot log.

• Evan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to have private reviews, in keeping with private lists, is the only thing I sorely want from Letterboxd that the site doesn't already offer. Without question this is the change that I most want to see in future - and I think many users feel the same! I'd happily pay money (i.e. Pro or Patron) to get the option of marking certain reviews as Private. In either case, thanks for all your hard work on this splendid site!

• Jeremy Ellison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the option to enable my profile and/or reviews to only be accessible to users who have a Letterboxd accounts

• walt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this feature as well. Originally, I have been thinking they were private until someone recently complained about one of my reviews. The complaint was valid since my "review" was just gibberish for personal reference. I'd rather not pollute the real reviews for a movie with my gibberish. A private notes section would be great.

• Nathan Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to this suggested feature. I echo everyone else's comments. Without the ability to control privacy levels for at least some parts (diary notes, reviews) of my profile, unfortunately Letterboxd's utility is severely limited for me.

I would suggest the following levels of privacy for each entry:

- Private (my eyes only)
        - Friends only
        - Public

I'll keep checking back in the future for this feature. In the meantime I'll just use it as a service to track which films I have and haven't watched.

Cheers!

Easy way to achieve this might be to add a third checkbox for for diary entry:

1) Contains spoilers
        2) Publish on Facebook
        3) Private

Or you could rearrange slightly and have:

Checkbox: contains spoilers
        Dropdown title 'Visibility': Private (default), Public, Public on Facebook

I've just started using Letterboxd and I'm surprised to find I can't leave private notes. I wrote some notes in my dairy and now it's appeared as a public review! I thought that the diary would be private as the name would suggest. Sadly now I'll have to just delete that as it was never intended to be public facing.

I echo everyone else's comments.

• Anony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that would be the perfect website to import my offline film list and reviews, but not being able to have a private profile and reviews is a no go for me. I hope that changes but as I see that thing has been dragged for years now with no visible resolution.

• Evilalien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you include an option where we choose whether our submission is seen by friends or not? So when they sign in, the home page doesn't show what film we watched recently in the "news from friends" section.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to have a private diary with information I want to keep about films. For instance, I keep a rating of sound and picture quality for each movie in a spreadsheet. I would love if your software had a way I could do this. I would love to be able to add my own movie notes and other rating scales in my diary. Some of this stuff I would not want to be public. Thanks for all the team has done thus far.

Yes! I really want it too! SOmetimes I would like to write free words or sentences to my private apointments end don't want anybody can see it...

Hello, I''m from Brazil and a I love to be in the letterboxd net. I have one suggestion: we have the possibility to write rewies that only us or who we want can see. Thanks a lot!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base