I suggest you ...

Private accounts (and/or private Reviews, Diary Entries and Ratings)

I'd like the option if keeping my account private, like how Twitter handles private accounts.

1,025 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Need commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will delete/leave Letterboxd if diaries and watched list don't have the option of being private. This isn't Yelp.

• t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Matthew Buchanan

Thanks for having flagged this feature request as planned. However, it was more than 3 years ago...

Currently it is the 4th most voted out of 1392 features (as of 07may2018 on http://feedback.letterboxd.com/forums/136771-general), which shows that this is relevant for a big percentage of your user base.

I want to join my (user)voice to this group. I came here because I just realized that my watched list and my watching diary are openly published for everybody to see, including the dates! It suddenly felt like being naked on the street for a while without anybody telling me I was. In this day and age it is hopefully not necessary to go again through the details of the importance of online privacy.

If you could find a moment, it would be greatly appreciated if you could state your position about this highly requested feature.

Many thanks for (re)considering our request.

Best regards

• Chris H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantastic app but how come it's 5 years later and still no private note feature? Otherwise it's perfect for what i'm looking for. I am the same as ALL the rest below. Please just enable a 'Keep review private' box!!

• Melissa Halka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide this service.

Watching films is a deeply personal experience and I don't have any interest in having a dialogue with everyone about the films that touch my life.

If I were to post a full film review, I would like to have had the time to draft it and look at it myself for a while before publishing to the full community.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - came here just to post this! Would love an option to have private reviews/diary entries. I sometimes feel like recording thoughts that I'd rather keep to myself lol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its been 5 years now and no sign of this? i would like to keep my watched films private and only share my liked films publicly.

• Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to create a personal notes system about a film without having it be in a list? Maybe create a toggling system of public/private reviews, or even better, have an entirely new section called "Private notes", or just "Notes" on a movie.

The current film interface on Letterboxd is:
        - Watch; Like; Watchlist
        - Rate
        - Review or log
        - Add to a list

So create a button called "Add personal notes" between them.

• Jagr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the option of private reviews possible. This is the only thing that prevents me from writing in Letterboxd about the movies I see. I usually write fast and without paying much attention to details, just to have a record for myself later. I don't like that everything I write has to be seen by everyone.

Hmm...my wife and I decided to keep a diary of the movies we watch, starting the first of the new year. I was just going to put a spreadsheet together but someone suggested this site as a way of doing so.

Since there's no way of keeping the diary private, I guess I'll be putting a spreadsheet together.

Please make private account possible, you've been thinking about it for more than 2 years now, can you make it happen soon, please?

• Gopi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make my diary a personal one. I don't wanna watch other to see what I have done yesterday or what I am doing today. I want to remember when and where I watched my movies that's why I'm maintaining my diary. Please keep it as my private diary until my death.

We all have those films that we want to add/review publicly because we're afraid our followers(family, classmates, colleagues) would judge us. Let them be LGBT, childish cartoons, or the ones our friends gave only 1 star.

Add the "hide from" or "customize viewer" or "make it private" feature, please.

• Ankit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When logging movies(goes into Diary), give option for the users to set privacy. Users may want some movies in their diary not to be seen in pubic but for their own record.

You can have three (or more) levels of privacy:
        Public,
        My Followers/Members,
        Private(Only Me)

An option that allows users to choose whether they wish to share their review outside (on the film's page) of their profile. Ah, privacy settings for reviews. Me only, shared with followers, shared with Letterboxd community, shared with public.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base