I suggest you ...

Private accounts (and/or private Reviews, Diary Entries and Ratings)

I'd like the option if keeping my account private, like how Twitter handles private accounts.

1,164 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Evilalien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you include an option where we choose whether our submission is seen by friends or not? So when they sign in, the home page doesn't show what film we watched recently in the "news from friends" section.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to have a private diary with information I want to keep about films. For instance, I keep a rating of sound and picture quality for each movie in a spreadsheet. I would love if your software had a way I could do this. I would love to be able to add my own movie notes and other rating scales in my diary. Some of this stuff I would not want to be public. Thanks for all the team has done thus far.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I really want it too! SOmetimes I would like to write free words or sentences to my private apointments end don't want anybody can see it...

Hello, I''m from Brazil and a I love to be in the letterboxd net. I have one suggestion: we have the possibility to write rewies that only us or who we want can see. Thanks a lot!

• Michelledru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this feature too. The ability to add private notes to a watched film would allow me to use the site in the way that I wanted to when I first discovered it.
    I have kept checking back, for more than two years now, to see whether any privacy features have been added and I am always disappointed to see that no progress has been made.

• Michelledru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please could you make this one of your top priorities? We've been waiting for this feature for so long now.
    I was so happy to find this site initially but I haven't been able to use it how I wanted to without privacy features.

• Wes Ballls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned since 2013? C'mon, guys! Sort this shit out. What social networking site doesn't have privacy features? Ridiculous.

• DavidB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add myself to the list of people to whom this feature is very important. I can't think of other social media sites (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook is my limited sample set) on which you can't set things as private or control which of your friends have access to what.

• SarahT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to add that I think this is the most important feature to add. For an example, look at the Untappd App, where people log, review and suggest craft beers. It has a huge community but users can decide to have a private account and just share reviews with friends, or keep it public.

• Robert Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there!

Seems like a basic thing that would be greatly appreciated--personally, I would like to feel free to discuss politics in my reviews without worrying about potential employers reading them. If not a way to make the entire profile private, then perhaps a way of making reviews private?

Yes please! Or even just have the option to make our reviews private, without having to add them to a list

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still holding out hope that private accounts will be available. Had to pull my account down to wait it out. Was Pro and would be Pro again if this happened.

• rpupkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. this is the only thing keeping me from upgrading.

Is this still planned? I'm really uncomfortable about having my entire profile completely public. I'd like to just share my films lists with friends.

• Cormac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much want this feature, too! I came to Feedback to suggest just such a thing for the same reasons that others are mentioning.

- Cormac Jones

• corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to add private notes to a watched film. I actually think it is a missed opportunity for those of us who study film to be able to keep private thoughts and reflections about a film in the same space as the log recording what we have watched. I have no interest in joining the vast number of people posting public reviews and opinion pieces, yet I love your service for helping me keep what I have watched and when all in one space. Thanks for your time

I like to make notes about where I saw the movie, who I was with, etc. These aren't things that are particularly private but they also aren't something I'd want cluttering up other peoples' screens.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just signed up. Would love to use the site to keep notes on films without publishing a review. Maybe there's a workaround for that? I may be interested in some of the social aspects of the site but would like the option of keeping my thoughts private. I know I can just use a notebook for that, but I like the site's interface and database access.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base