I suggest you ...

Private accounts (and/or private Reviews, Diary Entries and Ratings)

I'd like the option if keeping my account private, like how Twitter handles private accounts.

1,164 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to privatize certain reviews? I realize I'm spoiling the film if others read my reviews. Thanks!

• name commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'd also like to see this feature available. its absence is, by far, the most discouraging aspect of using the site.

• Juliane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very good idea. I, too, would like to make my diary private. I think it is no-one's business when I watch and which movies I watch in x day. It really should have the opition to make it private.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the OP, I'm new to the site but am having the same problem and was thinking...you could consider creating a private "master" list that tracks everything you see and use the notes to track both the day you saw it and any comments to want to add, then using the diary proper to only announce the films you want? (I know my suggestion is over a year late, on the off chance someone finds this page via google as I did)

• Wazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just give us an option so we can remove our accounts from the public areas

• Phips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe then just implement a way to make reviews private (like Lists) and/or choose to disable comments.

• Phips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'd like to be able to restrict who sees my stuff.

the rise of trolls and idiots have made heckling much more of an issue.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like this. There are some films I want to track but not publicly mention. It's not like facebook where only your friends (or at the very least people who are logged in) can see, everybody can see letterboxd ratings.

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really appreciate it if you guys added some privacy settings/options to the site. I didn't realize that if you just google a user's name their profile and all of their activity is totally visible to whoever wants to see it. That is extremely problematic to me.

Having at least a privacy option to make your profile visible only to people logged in to Letterboxd would be great.

As it is now your tastes and activity are open to the general public which I'm extremely uneasy with.

I'd be very grateful if you guys could address this as I see some similar requests have been submitted.

Overall I do love the site which is why I wanted to go Pro and support your development. Keep up the good work all around.

• Conor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really specific query. I work for a film festival, so I see a lot of films prior to the festival announcing the lineup.

I can't log them in Letterboxd because then my followers will see them and will be able to work out what films will be screened prior to the festival announcing its lineup.

Is there a way to keep certain diary entries private for a select period of time?

• Gregory Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there were some way to hide activity from certain users, preferably on a post-by-post basis.

• Vishal Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new user, I was confused that my "diary" entries (which I wanted to be private future reminders of when or why or where I watched a movie) were actually conflated with "reviews". I'm not necessarily asking for diaries to be privatized, only for the difference to be made clearer.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think having to approve all followers really addresses the issue as the activity still remains public, but I understand your point about keeping things easy to maintain server-side. I just think that you might see this feature being asked for as the site continues to grow in popularity and gain more subscribers.

You guys have done a great job so far.

• DANNY_DICKBLOOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enjoy the site so far. My only issue, I wish there was an option to make the DIARY private. I want to use the site for professional as well as private business. I was hoping I could use the diary to keep track of every film I watch, while only adding (publicly) those of note, that I am going to acutally write about.

Thanks

1 2 3 5 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base