I suggest you ...

Get rid of the People page

You guys really need to take the People page away or modify it. For some stupid reason a lot of people are insecure about the "popularity" (or lack thereof) on this site. All the People page does, since it hardly ever changes, is basically show off who has the most followers and the most comments on their reviews (popularity, i guess?).

maybe you could change it to show the new members or have it
rotate every day. either of those would help alleviate this issue.

since LB left Beta there have been a lot more members are this popularity bs is leading to a lot of trolling, unacceptable comments, and one much more extreme case.

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TheCritic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A similar approach as suggested for the People page would be good for the selection of lists that are displayed on a film page. I always see the same "All films ever made. A comprehensive 50,000 item list. 2,483 likes" lists for genre films - so I don't even look at them anymore.

• billy osmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does this not have 1000 votes. This is the biggest turn off to newcomers and veterans alike.

Every comment here is right on the money. Good constructive criticism from all, Kudos!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe the lower section can be "new this week" and the "top 5" section can be completely random, changing every day.

much of the strife on this site is over followers and likes and perceived popularity. and much of it comes from that people page with people harrassing those who are "higher"/"more popular" than them.

thus, if it wasnt based on popularity this could help. plus, by showing the "new this week" it'd help newcomers get followers and get on their way here.

i think this should be seriously considered.

• Phips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think a rotation every day would be cool, regardless of "popularity".
        and a section below that of new members would be cool too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe an option in your profile to opt out of being included on that "popular people" area

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base