I suggest you ...

Group my films by year

The new drop-down menu under ratings allowing us to view only th 5 star rated films is fantastic. I use it all the time. I would like a similar feature fore the "films" link, such that when I sort them on release date, I could, if I wanted to, only view the films released in 1950.

In fact, I think something like this across the board in Letterboxd would be useful, such that I could display all films released in 1950 and hide the ones I've seen.

This would avoid my having to create lists like "Films I've seen from 1950" or from having to tag all films with the year date.

I figure something must be in the works because we can already see the films from 2012 as per the new Pro feature.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Part of what you suggest here is already available: you can click the year on any film page to see all films released that year (and hide the ones you’ve seen using the eye icon with the slanted line through it).

We are currently working through some the process of better surfacing this kind of control in other areas.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Matthew. I knew there was a way because I came across it the other day, but try as I might I couldn't recall how I had done it. And yeah, it would be great to have that functionality elsewhere as well, especially under the profile's "films" "by release date", with a grouping function or something. Love the improvements you guys are making to the site. Good job.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base