I suggest you ...

Expand Block User

Block user needs to block everything. I don't want to see said person's reviews or anything they have to add to the site. Certain people think this website is their personal blog.

638 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) responded  · 

At this time there are performance and cacheability impacts of blocking members everywhere that preclude us from doing this. In the future we would like to address this better.

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please prioritize this! I'm sick and tired of people using reviews and lists as a political soapbox.

I totally agree with this. Please make it a feature. If i see one more davidehrlich review I will go insane.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please introduce this! What's the point of blocking users if their reviews are still on the front page?

• Zac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please introduce this. I'm sick of seeing political reviews and joke reviews on film pages. Blocking these people does nothing except prevent them from commenting on my reviews.

• biff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please introduce this, i'm sick to death of seeing david ehrlich's obnoxious writing at the top of every page

• Silent Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i seriously never want to see anything by Sally Jane Black again.what a whining idiot. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us hide users.everywhere I turn on this site its Todd Gains, Sally Jane Black and the rest of the moronic idiots that make up your popular users.also is there a button to delete people who rate the Star Wars prequels over half a star.like I press a button and they just die?

• fiffy_rico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think this is a great idea -- I get why Mr. Gaines is popular, sometimes I'll just shoot the shit with friends after watching a movie, throwing around lines and scenes and stuff we liked. But that's not thoughtful, it's not analysis, it's not critique... it's just in-jokes!
        Which is completely totally fine! Whatever! People enjoy it, I don't care that it exists... I just don't have much interest in it.

• Patrick Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please just make this feature possible? I'm tired of watching reviews by hacks such as Matt Lynch, Eli Hayes and James Healey.

Yes please.
        I mean damn, Gains' "reviews" are not even reviews, just streams of random thoughts about the movie. Disgusting.

• Ben Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I just blocked Naughty but can still see his reviews! This is a much needed feature!

• Windyblue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do this. there's a user who is occupying the first 8 pages of results for lists tagged "awards", and most of the lists are his personal seen-its and only contain one film each!!

• Paul Rankin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The following CSS will block a single user, replacing their name, reviews, lists, etc. with "Blocked User" and their avatar with the generic Letterboxd image (replace "lordcookie" with whomever you wish to block):

https://gist.github.com/rnkn/ee49d3c3efabbefa74d2

You can use this via GlimmerBlocker or in your browser custom stylesheet. Unfortunately, you will need to duplicate for each additional user because my skillz are not tiptop.

• Turd Gayns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me be able to fully remove users like Todd Gains, Cogerson and Naughty who just ruin the website for me. Their reviews are dreadful and I find I can't visit the homepage because their awful rubbish is plastered everywhere.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base