I suggest you ...

Expand Block User

Block user needs to block everything. I don't want to see said person's reviews or anything they have to add to the site. Certain people think this website is their personal blog.

689 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) responded  · 

At this time there are performance and cacheability impacts of blocking members everywhere that preclude us from doing this. In the future we would like to address this better.

50 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Turd Gayns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me be able to fully remove users like Todd Gains, Cogerson and Naughty who just ruin the website for me. Their reviews are dreadful and I find I can't visit the homepage because their awful rubbish is plastered everywhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this something in the pipeline? Something with an ETA? A big part of social networking is having the ability to block out people you don't wish to interact with.

I mean, otherwise we'd all just go outside of interact with real people. And wh the hell wants that?

Any way to completely block a user? There is one guy who is always on your front page and every thing he writes is just spoiler filled. Any way to hide his activity altogether?

• Skoolio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Private accounts are a must in this day and age Letterboxd is really behind the times in this respect

• Lily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some lists and reviews end up clogging up the activity feed and it would be nice to block just those specific ones instead of filtering out all comments on lists/reviews or all lists/reviews in general.

Any chance that we will be able to make our profiles private in the future? I think that would help prevent others from compromising another user's content.

Thanks again.

• AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes they will still see your content if they look for it. But they will no longer be able to follow you or comment on your content. (They would be able to see your content by signing out of the site anyway, so there’s no difference there.)

Matthew,

Once I've blocked a user, will that user still be able to see my content? Thanks.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, there is way too much vitriol in certain "top" reviewers reviews. Some "top" reviewers who have large review lists seem to show up on most every film. I blocked them and I still have to see their smug reviews.

1 3 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base