I suggest you ...

Search within a member’s account or list

It would be extremely useful to be able to search for titles in certain lists, such as the top 250/other poll lists and 3rdrevelation's "youtube collection". Does this make sense?

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    The Caker Baker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Courtney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing as I use this app to inventory my dvd collection and share it with friends, I think it’d be really handy to be able to go into my list so search for an actor or director and have all the results pop up. For example if a friend wanted to borrow a Tom Hanks film they could simply look him up within my list to see which ones I have and decide from there.

• Orly Munoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a great feature of creating and viewing lists, but when you try to search a movie on a huge list it becomes a pain. I'd be wonderful if we could count with a search option to check an specific movie inside the list.

• Raster Image commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree: the fact that it is impossible to search for reviews of a particular film by a particular Letterboxd member is the biggest flaw with the website in my opinion. I've wished that this function existed so many times.

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its important to improve an option to search in all your list a movie that is inside them.

Otherway its a chaos search mode.

• Benny Kohzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have at the moment over 3.000 films in my watched list, represented on 45 separate pages. This is so annoying. No one will ever click through all these to find something (me included)

Please get rid of any pages within any list. I much more prefer a lists like the google or bing picture search. It loads all the pages on one single page. I can scroll and scroll and get an constant overview.

Also I would support a search function for any list like Netflix has. I enter for example "Star" into the netflix search box, and he shows me all films with star in the title. This is so perfect.
        But here on letterboxd I find it so cumbersome to find any film fast. If I want to find out if I already have seen a film I need to enter it into the search box. Often the film is not found right away, but tons of lists or people pages. If I found the film I need to check if it is logged. If I want to find out which Jurassic Park Film I have watched, I must do this 4 times.
        But if I could go to my list of watched films and enter "Jurassic" and he shows me all 4 titles, that is what I am really looking for.

Also I want to go to my friends watched list and search quickly if he has seen a certain film or not. Either to make a suggestion to see it together or recommend a film to him. But how can I find a film quickly in a list of over 3000 films on 45 seperate pages???

Thanks for your review & support
        Sincerly
        Benny Kohzer

• Gimly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my most desired feature as well. My roommate's keep asking my what I thought of certain films, and I tell them to search for my review on my Letterboxd account, they then brought to my attention that this wasn't an option, I'd love a fix for it.

• Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's also frustratingly difficult to search your own reviews!

• Brent Paras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where you can search a film and know what page it is in and make it somehow highlighted or have a its image's border glowing and make it available in any means of sorting. Because i sometimes want to know where the films are especially when sorted by highest average rating i somehow ceremonially look at what page it is in then watch it fade when i refresh after logging it, i mean looking for a movies page manually is quite hard.

• Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. I like that we can quickly find users' reviews if they liked ours, by clicking on "likes" and seeing the list of people who liked our review, which displays their ratings and the icon for their reviews. But if they haven't liked our review there is no way to quickly see if a user liked or reviewed or even saw a film.

It is more complicated but what would be ideal for me is to keep a list of "favourite users" such that I could do a search, say for "Enders' Game", click on "favourite users" and see a list which displays their rating, review, etc. Even just looking at the existing "seen by friends" from a movie page is cumbersome without being able to filter that list or search it.

• Alberto Farina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like following reviewers whom I like but the only way for me to see if someone has reviewed a film is scrolling down their diary. I wish I was able to select someone's list of watched films and do a search within that one only.

It would be even cooler if I could create a list of my trusted reviewers and thus create a wider pool of potential sources of reliable opinions.

• Nowell Miyagawa-Miskin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to build my film list using my flickchart (flickchart.com) and my memory,both are imperfect. I'm. aiming for a reference tool because I see a lot and can't keep it all straight. It would help the process to be able to look up what I've already inputted or to see those results by the year they were released instead of just in sequence. I'm also concerned that I might accidentally unsee a movie when I tap it on my tablet. Anyway you could require a confirmation before unseeing a film.

Thank you,
        Nowell

• Mark Dunne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a search feature on a particular users profile so that you can search their reviews for a specific film. I have a couple of favorite reviewers and I'd like to be able to quickly find their review of a film but right now I have to search through all ther reviews by looking at their films list and sorting it to find a film.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base