I suggest you ...

Comment/Review Box Enhancements

I think it'd be wise to "enhance" the comment and review boxes/fields.

Many people on this site have no idea how to utilize the html. to solve this you could, much like Microsoft Word, put those supported html functions in some sort of toolbar in the comment and review fields. there'd be buttons for Bold (B), Italics (I), Blockquote (""), Link (this seems to give people the most trouble), etc.

Also, I think it'd be cool to include a spoiler tag. Much like a link, you could write what you want to say (equivalent of the www address for a link) and then it would automatcially say "spoiler" (equivalent to where you put your own text in a hyperlink) and then when you click on it, the spoiler text is revealed. this would allow conversation in the comments about possible spoilers while not ruining it for people who read the comments but havent seen the film. it also would allow for only some parts of a review to be marked as a spoiler rather than the whole thing.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Travis McClain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know how to use HTML for these things, but it would be much easier if I could simply highlight text and then hit a button in a formatting toolbar to make the change, rather than having to manually type <character> and </character> for whatever I'm trying to tweak. I tend to be rather long-winded in my diary entries, including an entire section at the end of how the movie entered my Flickchart (or how I re-ranked it, if it was already on there). This involves an average of ten different movie titles in that section alone, in addition to the one being reviewed (which, of course, I can just copy and paste as needed).

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base