I suggest you ...

Allow sorting of filtered search results

For example, if I perform a search for "underrated", then filter by Lists, I would like to be able to order the results to have (say) the most popular results come at the top. This would be a very useful function.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robin Hislop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CrumbThumber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to find someone else that has this same feedback on a more popular thread, but I cannot believe that this isn't more of an issue. I still cannot figure out what the order the search results are displayed in.

• Aaron Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I came on here to suggest this. To be able to filter results would be a huge timesaver and would actually make me use the site more (The site which I love btw). Say I search for "Coming of Age" and then choose Lists. I would love the ability to filter by Popularity, or by the number of films in the lists from highest to lowest.

• CrumbThumber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, if I would like to view an existing list I can search for keywords, and the return appears to be all the lists that contain that keyword in order of most recent update. It would be nice to sort all the lists with this keyword by likes on each list.

For example, if I want a good list of Italian Giallos. I search giallo and there 13 pages of lists with most of the lists being "Giallos I've Seen".

I would be nice to sort these pages by likes to find the most definitive list.

• Kevin Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Having the ability to sort search results (specifically lists) by number of likes or comments would be a huge time-saver.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this needs to happen. I love browsing letterboxd lists but it becomes a burden to find what I'm looking for. The ability to filter list searches by the amount of films on the list, likes, and features like excluding a word from the search or having the search match your phrase exactly would be a huge help.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree totally. If I'm looking for a list of 'James Bond' films for example, my results show 'over 250' and the lists at the top are sometimes just a single film with uncompleted lists from random users. Please order lists results by most popular.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base