I suggest you ...

Browse films by a specific language/country.

286 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dr Fentanes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) responded  · 

We now have support for browsing by country and language. As some films have multiple languages listed, browsing French-language films (https://letterboxd.com/films/language/french/ as an example) will show English-language films as well (where those films have portions of dialog in French). We’d like to improve this in the future to be able to show films whose principal language is French.

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that most of the data for movies is taken off of TMDb, but can IMDb or another database with such a feature be used? Even if a movie has several countries that produced it, I'd still like to know

• butchji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

a Country Filter for the films would be awesome. A way to easily filter out the best movies of each country.

Love your site, keep it up!

• Francesco Lorto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep. I've been using tags for this feature, but still there is no tags pie chart in the "year in review" page.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it'd be great if on your year-end summary if you had a list of the top 10 countries of origin of all the films you watched over the previous year.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a nice touch would be a little flag somewhere on a film's page to indicate which country it is from. For example The Skin I Live In, have a little Spanish flag, perhaps under where it says the release date? Nothing too major, I just think it'd be a nice touch and would be useful for people who don't know which country certain films come from.

• Isaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to show the films from a selected country. Also would be nice an "Advanced Search" of some kind where you could filter by age, or decade for example and country, and not only by genre or actors/director.

2 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base