I suggest you ...

Create lists of Cast, Crew and Studios

I often find that I want to list things other than films. It would be great if I could create a list of, for example, the Best Directors. Or list my Favourite Japanese Actresses. Or make a list of popular Animation Studios.

333 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JPJP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, I wanted to make a casting wishlist for a movie that I hope will eventually be made. We could also make lists ranking our favorite directors etc.

• Tyler L. YoungTyler L. Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to make this recommendation. It would be brilliant; with no offense intended, I'm surprised it isn't already a feature. So many other similar film sites have this.

• Jack VerhaegJack Verhaeg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the list feature, but i would also love to see the option for more versatility with them - for instance, it would be great to create a list of 'Best Actress Nominees,' or Actors that have starred in a film by a particular director - even a list of directors with similar styles, or a letterboxd user's favourite director!

• Cockroach KingCockroach King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a film student, I desperately want this. IMDB is just such an ugly website and I'd much rather have it on Letterboxd.

• Matthew BuchananAdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Andy Kemp We rely on TMDb.org for all our credits, including cinematographers. If they’ve been added by the users of that site (or you!) then you can switch to the Crew tab on one of their films and click to see everything else they’ve worked on. We know this data isn't complete, but every little bit helps!

• Andy KempAndy Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential! This was the thing that struck me most obviously as missing from the site. Directors/actors/cinematographers/studios etc. And by implication, film listings could do with more extensive credits. It should be easy to look up a cameraman/woman and find everything they've worked on, for instance.

• David JerichoDavid Jericho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would absolutely love to have this feature. Lack of it is the main reason I keep having to crawl back to IMDB's horrible interface.

• dmutantxdmutantx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great to be able to create a list consisting of actors, directors writers etc. such as a 'My 10 favorite directors' list or a '100 underrated actors to check out' list and so on.

The list progress could either track all the films in which the particular people have appeared or worked on; or only a select few films of those people chosen by the list creator and which can show up in the notes section of each entry in the list.

• Ryan HilRyan Hil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example top 10 star wars characters or moments so letterboxd has more variety of lists to do and plus people could discuss this within the pages

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admins, can you PLEASE implement this features. It's the one thing that IMDB offers that you don't, and once you have it you'll stand head and shoulders ahead of them. CMON!!!

• OBSVROBSVR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this suggestion was made over a year ago, I doubt it's in the pipeline, but it really, really would be great. Just being able to make lists grouping filmmakers with similar sensibilities, or actors with connections of some kind.

• JPJP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like the Actor/Director/Studio functionality feedback has been merged :)
        As per the other thread, I think being able to rate these Filmography Pages would be a great idea too.

Would it also be possible to sort a filmography by My Personal Ratings of their films?

• Lee CurtisLee Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a great idea to add this functionality to the site. Where we could create a list such as "Best Actors of all Time" (a rather obvious example) and have the actors/directors themselves on the list rather than just films. This list would certainly work now Letterboxd has added images to director/actor pages. It would also be perfect if we could have actors and films within the same list.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base