I suggest you ...

Create lists of Cast, Crew and Studios

I often find that I want to list things other than films. It would be great if I could create a list of, for example, the Best Directors. Or list my Favourite Japanese Actresses. Or make a list of popular Animation Studios.

485 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OBSVR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this suggestion was made over a year ago, I doubt it's in the pipeline, but it really, really would be great. Just being able to make lists grouping filmmakers with similar sensibilities, or actors with connections of some kind.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like the Actor/Director/Studio functionality feedback has been merged :)
        As per the other thread, I think being able to rate these Filmography Pages would be a great idea too.

Would it also be possible to sort a filmography by My Personal Ratings of their films?

• Lee Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a great idea to add this functionality to the site. Where we could create a list such as "Best Actors of all Time" (a rather obvious example) and have the actors/directors themselves on the list rather than just films. This list would certainly work now Letterboxd has added images to director/actor pages. It would also be perfect if we could have actors and films within the same list.

• Andrew James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea! Not only can we rate movies, it would be kind of cool to be able to rate individual people as well. Give George Clooney 4 1/2 stars for example or Walter Hill 2 stars, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh right cheers! I didn't know there was genre lists, thanks for getting back to me anyway.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thinking about it then. If the planned director pages show a complete list of all films with users own ratings this would serve some purpose, even it's not specifically broken down into director/ actor. Once the pages are up I can see myspef perhaps rerating to reflect the directors performance rather than the movie as a whole. That would work for me.

2 Next →

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base