I suggest you ...

Make tags more fluid

Great site--very intricate, wonderful work. I'm wondering if tagging could be made a little more fluid, usable. (I'm kind of blendng/reworking a few previous suggestions I saw; excuse any repeats) Public info (real basic year, genre, etc.) able to be absorbed into your private film database, maybe in tags, so you could manage that stuff w/o painstakingly going back through and laying down new tags yourself.

If laying down new tags were even possible. When I tried adding some this way, I saw something like 'In order to add tags, you must have DateWatched or a review'. I don't review everything (but still like to have the films represented in my collection) and detest particularizing/minimizing stuff like a mandatory DateWatched.

So neither way works. There's probably a very legit tech reason for this… no room, spotty, hard to manage, or something… but I'm just asking if it could be done somehow. Thank you!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestions. One way you might be able to recreate some of what you mention here is to narrow down the main Films section by using the filters there, and then set the visibility to only show films you’ve seen. This would let you isolate films by decade, year and genre that you’ve seen.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base