I suggest you ...

Option to vote a review as "Helpful / Informative"

In addition to the current "Like this review" option, I suggest the ability to vote (up or down) based on a review's actual usefulness. Similar to Amazon's method of asking, "Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No"

Too often the "popular" (and prominently displayed) reviews are getting a lot of likes and comments simply because the reviewer wrote something funny or snarky, with a heap of sarcasm or profanity. A one-sentence review with a clever pun or classic movie quote can certainly be worth a "like" to reward its humor. But should it be given a perpetual top position, when it does nothing to help me understand why the movie is good or not?

When deciding which films to watch, I prefer to find well written reviews that offer some thoughtful analysis or explanation for the viewer's opinion. The reviewers who take the time to type out thoughtful critiques need a mechanism to reward them for their effort.

Consider it like community-sourced curating, to make the genuinely "Helpful" reviews easier to find.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Orange Fungus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google