I suggest you ...

Option to vote a review as "Helpful / Informative"

In addition to the current "Like this review" option, I suggest the ability to vote (up or down) based on a review's actual usefulness. Similar to Amazon's method of asking, "Was this review helpful to you? Yes / No"

Too often the "popular" (and prominently displayed) reviews are getting a lot of likes and comments simply because the reviewer wrote something funny or snarky, with a heap of sarcasm or profanity. A one-sentence review with a clever pun or classic movie quote can certainly be worth a "like" to reward its humor. But should it be given a perpetual top position, when it does nothing to help me understand why the movie is good or not?

When deciding which films to watch, I prefer to find well written reviews that offer some thoughtful analysis or explanation for the viewer's opinion. The reviewers who take the time to type out thoughtful critiques need a mechanism to reward them for their effort.

Consider it like community-sourced curating, to make the genuinely "Helpful" reviews easier to find.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Orange Fungus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon