I suggest you ...

Internationalise movie titles (in other languages)

While it is already commendable that a search for the original movie title will show the correct movie, this can be expanded upon: Integrate all the various titles of movies in the different languages or countries.
I personally have no problem using this english website, but for many movies, regardless of if I watched them on TV or in cinemas, I only know the title in my natural tongue. And often enough this translated title is not directly connected or even translated from the original title. I surmise this to be the case in other languages, too.
To prevent the search window from being cluttered with a myriad of different titles of the same movies you could add an option to set "preferred language" or something like this, with a scroll down menu of many different languages. I'd prefer this option at least thrice, so I could limit the languages to English, my natural tongue as well as the original language the movie was published in.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dèjá vu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dimqua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only titles, but also overviews (movie descriptions) are available in other languages through the TMDb API. It's a pity that TMDb community members (including me) are working hard to bring them to users, but third-party services like this one do not support them.

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, yes, please! Show us film names in local language as provided in the profile. I stuck adding more films to my account because its hard to remember which film i saw 20 years ago and its nearly impossible to find them by searching in years showing only the orignal names.

• Ralf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have the titles in other languages than english or the original language. I'm from Germany and want to use this amazing service here, but I know just the german titles. In our search, the german titles are already there - please make them accessible as a setting in my profile. After you choose your favourite language, all titles should be on this language.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base