I suggest you ...

Internationalise movie titles (in other languages)

While it is already commendable that a search for the original movie title will show the correct movie, this can be expanded upon: Integrate all the various titles of movies in the different languages or countries.
I personally have no problem using this english website, but for many movies, regardless of if I watched them on TV or in cinemas, I only know the title in my natural tongue. And often enough this translated title is not directly connected or even translated from the original title. I surmise this to be the case in other languages, too.
To prevent the search window from being cluttered with a myriad of different titles of the same movies you could add an option to set "preferred language" or something like this, with a scroll down menu of many different languages. I'd prefer this option at least thrice, so I could limit the languages to English, my natural tongue as well as the original language the movie was published in.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dèjá vu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, yes, please! Show us film names in local language as provided in the profile. I stuck adding more films to my account because its hard to remember which film i saw 20 years ago and its nearly impossible to find them by searching in years showing only the orignal names.

• Ralf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have the titles in other languages than english or the original language. I'm from Germany and want to use this amazing service here, but I know just the german titles. In our search, the german titles are already there - please make them accessible as a setting in my profile. After you choose your favourite language, all titles should be on this language.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base