I suggest you ...

Achievements/Badges

As with other "logging" sites badges would be nice. These badges add a bit of fun and competition to the movie watching experience. These could be badges about the content (Having watched all movies by Hitchcock, Having Watched Every Start Trek Movie...) about the amount (You have watched more then 100 movies this month, You have watched more than 1000 movies in total) or about the topic (Sci-Fi badge for watching at least 25 sci-fi movies and such things). I think it would be nice.

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TVLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could also be a good way to add another level of member engagement,
        LB could hold contests for members to design the actual badges and everyone could vote on the best, etc etc

And that would take away some of the work of having to design hundreds of different little icons and the qualifications for them from the main LB admins too

And of course making the achievement getting a shareable moment (twitter, facebook, etc) would help as passive advertisement for the site aswell.

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple badges that can be displayed on profile. Badges or achievements of various levels; for example, Level 1 comedy badge watched a 100 comedy movies with each level of badge having a witty name. This can go along with other genres as well as achievements for number of written reviews, filmography achievement for watching all the movies of a specific director etc. Or maybe each person/profile can gain levels by watching movies where each movie is worth a certain bit of experience points based on the rating and gaining achievements could give bonus points. Something like that I would upgrade to pro for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make "officlal lists" that people can follow to complete them. iCheckMovies.com has this type of lists, it can push users to continue watching films and give them the satisfaction of completing a list .

• Axel hagne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, i just think you should add Achievements or Badges to profiles. A good example is "Reviewer" Can be achieved by submitting reviews with good feedback.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base