I suggest you ...

Filter by multiple genres

When filtering by genres, allow the user to choose multiple genres. Allow the user to also choose whether to search for films that are, for example, Comedy AND Action, as well as Comedy OR Action, or even (Comedy AND Action) OR (Drama AND FilmNoir)

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Habib Alamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to search for movies that fall under two genres, for example animated fantasy films. Similarly it would be helpful to see movies that fall under any of multiple genres, for example any films that are *either* fantasy or animation.

• Lartthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When looking for movies, sorting them by genre could be more precise if it were possible to search with more than one at a time.
    For example when looking for an action and comedy movie, we have to go through all kinds of movies (action and drama or action and fantasy...) when it is not what we are looking for.

Having the possibility to search only for combinations of genres is missing.

Love Letterboxd and have discovered many new movies. My only complaint is not able to individual select more than one genre of films to browse. Sometimes I rather choose a couple of film genres to browse films. Not interested in selecting all genres at once. For instance, would love to just browse films only in horror and science fiction genre together. As it is now, can only select either all genres or just one genre. Would like to select as many genre of films as I choose.

You guys should have an option that you can look at your films you've seen or are in a list, etc. by genre. Maybe put it in the same box that says where you can select year, rating, ext. The genres would be in alphabetical order. So for example Action movies would come before Comedies then those before Family films then those before horror, etc.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base