I suggest you ...

Change the like system

Too many people now like hundreds of reviews a day, never reading them, which ruins activity feeds. The aim seems to be to get as high as possible on the 'popular posters' page.

There should be more value given to likes received rather than those given as it encourages interaction and content.

Maybe the current set-up benefits the SEO of Letterboxd right now because you are getting more clicks etc with this system, I'm not sure. It's just a shame that you have to keep unfollowing people who clog up your activity feed with page after page of likes.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) responded  · 

Liking other members’ reviews does not increase one’s popularity on the site, as likes given are not considered in those calculations.

Pro members are also able to filter out likes from their activity feed, if these are a problem.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JoeBloggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I in no way advocate these practices, but how about unfollowing these people? Wouldn't that be the sensible/easy solution to unclog your activity feed?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that but then you turn off everyone's likes which defeats the object of any sort of interaction then.

• Hefe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go pro or patron and you can filter your activity. You can then turn off "likes for reviews" and "likes for lists"

:)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base