I suggest you ...

A Letterboxd Reference Page for Oscar pools, All Cannes Winners List, that sort of thing

I think there should be a Letterboxd Account to host things like community wide Oscar Pools and other such things that get duplicated by multiple users every year. It could also be used as a repository for lists that shouldn't really have to be duplicated: things like "All Golden Palmes Winners" or "All Oscar Winners" or those sorts of things. You could just clone them from the original list makers, then users could clone the list for their own personal use. It is just such a shame to see so many such lists duplicated all over - they are quite time consuming.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMatthew Buchanan (Admin, Letterboxd) responded  · 

We have considered this. The main drawback right now is the time required to oversee this in an official capacity, which we don’t have. Perhaps it needs to be a community-run thing under an official umbrella. We’re open to talking more about it!

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, sorry about that - I had a sentence or two stating that it could be run by a volunteer so as not to trouble you guys... I guess that sentence got lost in the edits (you guys aren't the only ones to have gremlins in your systems ;-)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base