I suggest you ...

Change Nightcrawler's Poster Image

I noticed most posters used, for new movies at least, they avoid displaying credits. However, the image used for Nightcrawler still displays Jake Gyllenhaal over the title wordmark.

I assume you use the same posters as TMDb, so I was wondering why you don't use the main poster currently displayed on their Nightcrawler page? I think it's much more aesthetically appealing as well consistent with the overall Letterboxd vibe.

Just my 2 cents,

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Zach A. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to post new ides (something about my votes being used up?) Anyway, I just thought I'd ask here, on the off chance of a reply, what the deal is with the poser for Trainspotting T2? The one on TMDB right now was previously the one on LB but that's changed now to a different one. Both are 'naked' posters, so I'm wondering why the one on TMDB isn't the one on LB?

• Zach A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I am it, the TMDb homepage image for these 2013 films are all also lacking titles and credits on their poster;

Locke
    Filth
    The Way Way Back
    Blue Ruin
    Nebraska
    12 Years a Slave
    Inside Llewyn Davis, and;
    Lone Survivor

There is also a poster for Prisoners on the TMDb site exactly the same as the one currently displayed here on Letterboxd sans the director's name.

I don't mean to sound pedantic, but the poster image display is in large part what attracted me to this site in the first place and I would like to see Letterbodx maintain its present, inspiring design standard. I think updating the posters for these movies (including Nightcrawler) is crucial.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base