I suggest you ...

Arrange List By Your Own Rating

I have private lists of the movies watched during a specific year, and would love to be able to arrange them by my own star rating. The site already allows to arrange lists by all users' average rating, but it sure would be swell to be able to arrange by my own personal ratings. Thanks.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the app but this is the only thing I find missing. Surely it is as easy as when in a users profile and you click on their films... there is an option here to filter... just add more sort options to filter by their rating not the imdb rating.

You can see their activity/diary elsewhere. Surely most people want to see people's films by rating. If you are looking for rating or review of specific movie you would search for it. Alpha order is useless.

Major problem in phone app too.

Love the app but this is the only thing I find missing. Surely it is as easy as when in a users profile and you click on their films... there is an option here to filter... just add more sort options to filter by their rating not the imdb rating.

You can see their activity/diary elsewhere. Surely most people want to see people's films by rating. If you are looking for rating or review of specific movie you would search for it. Alpha order is useless.

• AF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given that we're able to sort film titles based on the Letterboxd user base ratings, it really makes a lot of sense to allow users to also sort film titles based on their own personal ratings as well. Sorting could go in descending star rating (4 highest), with those titles with no personal rating (or 0 stars) at the end.

• doet_er_niet_toe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When displaying an actor or director film list, having the ability to sort this list by your own personal ratings of the watched films.

• gooz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I'm always thinking about it. Would be very helpful... basically some ranked lists simply wouldnt need arrangement

• Kathleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is situated: Profile > Films > Ratings (sort by RATING)

The problem is: Right now my main problem is just that if I want to check what ratings I've given to most of the movies I've seen, I'm stuck at looking to 18 movies a page with over-sized covers. It makes it overly tedious to go through tens of pages just to double-check ratings. I wish there was a way to browse it more fluently and/or have the option to have a general look at your ratings.

What I mean by that is that you should be given the option on this page to display most of the movies you've seen on one clear page, sorted by ratings.

You should be able to browse your rating list more fluently. Things that could help its navigation are:
    - An option to display more movies on the same page. Currently you can only see 18 movies a page, but giving the option to the users to choose between 15, 30, 45 movies (and adjusting the size of the covers obviously) would be nice.

- A way to display every movie you've rated by the stars you've given them. As in, a simple way to display all your 5 stars movies, all your 4 stars and a half one etc, in the same place. There are easy-enough designs that could work out really well to both the eye and the functionality of the website.

tl;dr: we should be able to analyze our datas more easily, especially our ratings, I like to keep my stuff tight yo.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base