I suggest you ...

Pin Reviews and Lists to your Profile

Would love the option of pinning my work to my profile, so those visiting my page can see the reviews I'm most proud of. My most-liked reviews tend to be one or two sentence blurbs, but I'd prefer to display my longform stuff for potential followers. Might work like the pinned tweets function on Twitter.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • internisus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a Pro user. I've just looked through the options for editing your profile as well as the UI for editing reviews, and neither of them seem to offer any way to pin a specific review to your profile. So I have no idea what that text on the upgrade page refers to! The feature does not seem to be available.

• internisus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been frustrated for some time that a pair of my weakest, laziest, and earliest reviews have been showcased on my profile page under the "Popular Reviews" section because they happen to have a little more activity than any others.

It suddenly occurred to me how much I would prefer a "Featured Reviews" section instead where I could select two of the reviews that I have written to highlight and keep visible on my profile. It's a small way to give users more control over how they present themselves to others, and I think that it would have a large positive impact on the entire community.

• Franco Sierra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea is having a lists constantly showing up on your profile, the way favorite movies do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Swapping the "Popular Reviews" section with "Recent Reviews" and letting user-selected reviews, past or recent, display on our profile would allow the reviewer's personality and hard work to shine more appropriately. The Recent Activity and Diary sections give passerbys enough notice of what we've recently seen and/or reviewed.

• Andrew Milito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who watches and reviews a lot of movies, some of my reviews often get buried into my profile very quickly, and stop getting noticed. This bothers me, especially when I spent a lot of time on some reviews, and would like for them to get as much attention as possible. A feature like Twitter's pinned tweet option could allow users to pin a review (maybe two) to their profile and have it stay there no matter how old it is or how many likes/comments it has, and could let users highlight reviews they're really proud of.

• Metal Movie Magic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'Popular Reviews' section on the profile pages really doesn't make any sense to me because instead of the most liked reviews appearing, it just seems completely random what reviews appear there. I reckon reviewers should be allowed to choose what reviews they want featured instead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be interesting if the users had the ability to pin one or two of our reviews on our profile page we think are important to keep up. In a similar vain to Most Popular/Recent categories meets Twitter's pinned Tweet option.

I think it would be very handy for reviews and opinions we believe deserve more traction on the sight.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those lists/reviews that you'd like to reference without having to sift through the "Likes" page.

• Gregory Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same two films have been on display on my page for months and months. I have other reviews that perhaps have slightly less likes, but that I would prefer other users see when I view my profile. I'm not suggesting that you can select any film you'd reviewed, but that you be allowed to pick from at least a few options, maybe 6-10 of your most popular reviews.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base