I suggest you ...

Mark films as "Not Interested" or "Muted" to hide from view.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Justin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Petel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to hide films that show up in popular/watched by friends.

For example I don’t foresee ever watching ‘bird box’ but never the less it appears in multiple times on the screen.

Thanks!

• Jenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like getting spoiled for a movie, this happens quite often say for example the latest Ant Man movie where I saw people I follow rate and review it in my activity. For Deadpool 2 I just stayed away from Letterboxd till I saw it, but it would be nice to be able to mute a movie and just not see anything about it till you unmute. Similar to the mute function on twitter. Just would be a nice option! Thanks!

• Kyle Cota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some movies I’m heavily anticipating, I don’t like to see other people’s reactions to it clogging my feed before I can get to seeing it. It would useful to be able to hide certain films from appearing on your feed.

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

similar to the way Netflix has that "no" circle feature on the left by the stars rating

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very nice to be able to hide films that I have no interest in seeing.

• Daniel W. McDonough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When browsing movies, I would like an option to set a movie that I have no interest in to not interested. This way I can use it as a filtering option similar to the watchlist. For example, if I’m lookinh at 2018 movies I want to see, I want to filter off the items I have previously looked at and don’t want to see.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are too many Concert videos/ Youtube clips / Television shows / Documentary series / Limited series to be able to find movies at this point, especially in recent years when the line between TV and Movies is becoming blurred. Users should at least be able to mark films as "not interested" and be able to filter out the content they don't want to see for this purpose. Another option would be to be able to simply filter out "non-film" entries, but it may be more labour intensive to classify everything that way.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you add an option to hide films from /films?
        I often encounter films I would never watch in my life, so I don't want to stumble upon them while browsing.

• Marcis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to hide movies that I am not interested in, for example, if I watch a trailer of a movie and I don't like that particular movie then I want to never find it again.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some awful movies that make me want to die. Please add a feature to blacklist films so we don't have to see their poster.

• Chris Haskell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be super helpful. One of the only things keeping me using Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes is this feature, because it does remind me of the films I have seen trailers for that I do not want to watch.

• Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tag a movie as "Not Interested"
        I would like to have the ability to apply a "Not interested" designation to movies that I have no interest in seeing and be able to apply this option within the main filter.
        Currently it is very difficult to remember which movies I've researched and decided I have no interest in seeing and the movies I have not yet looked into. This feature would l greatly improve the user experience through the filtering out of garbage I'm currently forced to look at every time I perform any query.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, LOVE the website, it's brilliant!

I wondered whether you were thinking about creating a feature to allow us to 'hide' the films we're not interested in.

I tend to go through actors work, selecting movies I've seen or that I'd like to see, and I'd love to see this feature so I'm not bringing up movies again and again!

Any response would be great!

• Shane Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could remove a movie from being ever displayed. Something like the Not Interested link at goodreads.com.

This may have the added benefit of improving your recommendations algorithm if you ever pursue such functionality.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base