I suggest you ...

Unlisted option for lists

It would be great to be able to make a list that I could share with friends but not have public to all my followers. Like YouTube's "unlisted" setting on videos. Not public, not private, but sharable through links? Say, a list of films we plan to watch together that I wouldn't want on my page?

108 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daxson Hale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made a list of movies I personally own. I'd love the ability to keep track of who is borrowing movies from me, and to be able to share my private inventory with a few select friends. The ability to create shared inventory lists could make it very useful to lend and borrow movies among friends.

• eldifusor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First: I accidentally "flagged this as inappropriate" It was a mistake. I find this NOT inappropriate. As a matter of fact I just voted three times for it!

Second: Agreeing with Greg. I want to have some private interactions with friends and sharing a list with only one person or two is right now one of the things I am missing here.

• Greg Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This existing suggestion was closest to my preference, so I voted for it. But to take this one step further... I would love the ability to share a list with SPECIFIC friends. For example, I have a small group of friends that often gets together to watch movies. I'd love to create a watchlist of films we all plan to watch together - but that list and its comment thread is not something I want the world to see, just my small group of friends.

On a related note, this ties in to another suggestion I saw re: collaborating on a list with friends. It sounds like you're already working on that one - cool. Hopefully you can see how that might tie in with this idea of "invite-only" lists.

Lastly - and I'm sorry if I'm pushing my luck here - I'm just about to add another suggestion, but it's related... private tags. When my group of friends watch a film together, I'd love be able to tag my entry with "Fords" and "Smiths" to remind me who I watched it with. But I don't want the world to see those tags. I'd rather they were private just to me. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to share lists of my own film collection, but not with the entire world. Would it be possible to share private lists with friends only?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base