General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to like Cast, Crew and Studios

the ability to like actor, director, etc. profiles on the site and have those likes appear on our profile likes page would be super awesome and handy. i think it's something to really consider!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a search engine that can find common movies between multiple actors or crew

I want to type in multiple actors and see what films they have been in together. Or see how many times a director collaborated with the same actor.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide Pro/Patron profile badges

Our profiles should have the option to hide the "Pro" and "Patron" badges. The additional features are cool, but I don't need to announce to everyone that I'm a paid member.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. TV Miniseries segregation

I love that you have mini-series listed on here, as well as short-films. But perhaps have someway of segregating the two in terms of categories? Or perhaps include a mini-series tag to the show, to make it easier to find and log. I, myself, watch plenty of mini-series and while I love logging it into my diary, I wish it were easier to browse for more mini-series in the database, or to look up miniseries I've already watched in my watched "films" tab.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. diary memories

im thinking like facebook memories or timehop it would be nice to have a function where you could see what you logged in your diary or wrote a review for a year ago, two years ago, etc. or even smaller time frames like a week, a month or six months ago. i really wanna know what i was watching last year etc but it’s not practical to scroll through my whole diary.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Film in TMDb not showing up in Letterboxd

I’ve been trying to add the following TV film to Letterboxd. It already appears in TMDb and all data seems to be the same as all of the other Sherlock TV films (which are on Letterboxd) but I can’t get it to import.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/555827-sherlock-a-scandal-in-belgravia?language=en-US

Please can you let me know what is wrong or missing?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide popular/obscure films

Add an option to hide films with more or less than 3000 ratings (as an example). This way you can find or filter out obscure films.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. display some technical specs on film pages

Technical specs are displayed on IMBD but not on TMDB. Can this be done, either by pushing for implementation on TMDB or something else? I don't really care about sorting films by their specs (except runtime which already exists) but I'd like LB to show a few things like original aspect ratio, color, sound mix. Maybe even film format/digital format but that's complicated because lots of films use both or multiple formats.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A live movie timeline

When you start watching a movie you can say on letterboxd that you start watching a movie, the website knows the running time of the movie and will approximately follow the same time as your movie. Then your friends can see if you watching a movie and which time sequence they are.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Film Critics

It would be an amazing idea to add film critics to the website, much like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. There would be the fan reviews and ratings, but, there would additionally be reviews on Letterboxd from professional film critics.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Random Movie Button

I am sure you have had this asked for plenty but here goes!

As I have been adding movies to my watch list, I realise as the list grows I am less and less likely to watch the ones that I added earliest, as I would have to scroll all the way down.

My simple idea is to have a button that will cycle through your watch list and pick a random movie - for when I am looking for a movie to watch!

Could also possibly do the same for the site as a whole and it’s entire database…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Being able to filter out non-fiction films and television minseries.

I think it would be nice to have some more filters. Sometimes I'll be looking for a movie and not be in the mood for a documentary, so it'd be easier if I could exclude the documentary genre. Or maybe be able to exclude particularly genres in general for people who don't like horror films or whatever. Also it'd be nice to have a similar option to filter out miniseries, as if I'm looking for a WWII movie to watch with my dad, being recommended all 10 hours of The Pacific is less helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Thread comments, similar to Disquis or Reddit comments (without upvotes for each comment). This will help the comment

Thread comments, similar to Disquis or Reddit comments (without upvotes for each comment). This will help the comments be more organized and keep each conversation contained.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Replace the GoWatchIt feature with a less US-centric service

With JustWatch (just an example) you are able to search streaming services the world over rather than just the US, which the majority of your streaming filters seem to be geared towards. Is this something that would be possibly to implement?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve GoWatchIt service

One of the main reasons I paid to have a Pro account on Letterboxd was because I thought it'd be a great way to keep a master Watchlist where I can sort those movies by where I can watch them. But it appears your partnership with GoWatchIt.com is broken. It almost never accurately reflects the movies that are currently streaming on various services. Just now it doesn't show that First Reformed is on Prime Video (subscription). It doesn't show that Sorry to Bother You is on Hulu (subscription). It shows Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping is on HBO even though…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. no elapsed time for comment editing

please give us users the ability to edit our comments on the site without an elapsed time. we already have the ability to do this for our reviews, so it would be nice if we were able to have it for our comments, as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add A Priority Tab Watchlist Entries

A ‘Priority’ tab/indicator for movies in watchlists, so the ones the user wants to see most can be easily sorted out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Filters / Tags

I think it would be cool if you could assign your own filters to lists.

For example you could create a tag named "Again and Again" in which you could tag all movies that you can watch all the time.
    For me, I would tag all movies that are available on Netflix Germany and would be able to filter my watchlist by this.

Another approach would be to filter Lists by other Lists so that you can see which movies are in both lists.

There would be so many useful things you could do with this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide Better Sorting on Searches

When using the search function, results seem to be all over the place.

If I use a search term, and then select "Lists," it seems pretty random which lists come to the top. It would be great to sort by "Likes" or "Comments."

If I select "Reviews," I would like to sort by "Likes" or Comments."

"Actors" or "Directors" would be great to be able to sort alphabetically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base