General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Faster scrolling when dragging a movie up/down a list in desktop mode

Make the scrolling speed faster when you move the cursor to the top of the list, please! I have a list with almost 200 films sorted newest first and it shouldn't be so tedious to drag one to the top.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s a tip until we can improve this: switch on list rankings, then click the ranking of the film at the end of the list, type a “1” then press Return. The film will shift to the top of the list. Repeat as you need to, then turn off rankings (if required) before saving your list.

2. 'More' option fails to load/expand.

When I click 'more' it loads out ellipses (...) instead of the bio or review I am attempting to read. This happens whether I am logged in or off. The only time 'more' fully loads out is in the older review sections and not on specific pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Web: add Character names and headsots

In the cast section of a movie it would be good if it showed the actor or actresses name plus the name of their character in the film and also their headshot.

A couple of times now I've found that it's easier to use another app or the web to find who the character/actor was then come back to letterboxd.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re thinking about how to bring character images to the web as an option. Character names are there if you hover over the actor.

Character names will be in the next release of the iPhone app too, and are already in Android.

4. Possibility to filter films, which aren't specifically dated

I missed a watch date on couple of films and only way I found to chech which films didn't have a date in my diary was to manually go through all of em. I would suggest you add a filter option for that, because it's a real pain in the ass if you notice that some months later and need to try to find out which film it is you didn't date properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A few glitches when it comes to lists

I've encountered two frustrating glitches when it comes to lists. First, with lists of a certain size (~2,500 films or more) I cannot edit them on the desktop browser without the website subsequently deleting every film on the list past ~2,500 (I can't remember the exact number). This problem does not occur when I edit lists on mobile. Secondly, I've found that for these huge lists, it also likes to skip a number. For my ranked list, which has 5,151 films on it, the list will skip 2,920, going straight from 2,919 to 2921. As a result of this, the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The list editing limit on the web is about 3,300 we believe. We’re looking to adopt the same approach as in our app, but it’s not ready yet.

The missing list items is probably due to a film in the list having been deleted from the site (we routinely remove entries that TMDb removes for not being films). Adding and removing a film from said list should fix it, but obviously that’s not possible if you strike the first issue. Noted.

6. I'd like to delete all of my ratings with just one or few clicks!

Is there a way to do this? If not, is it possible to delete all my diary and watched films at once and then import just the entries but not the ratings?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Suggest titles/names in search bar

Titles and names have to be exact to be found, the search bar should suggest so film titles can be more easily found and not have to go on a separate page to be clicked again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base