General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Constant Errors

Your website and iOS app both continue to throw errors. This makes both the website and the app unusable. What's the point of using your services if they don't properly work. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm not able to go through any list without some kind of loading error popping up. This is a great way to lose users.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block lists

The ability to block a list, so you don't have to see the same lists over and over again.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group chats, communities or something alike

It would be nice to have group or community pages with people that have the same taste in movies or just would like to discuss certain movies more in-depth.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Random Movie Button

I am sure you have had this asked for plenty but here goes!

As I have been adding movies to my watch list, I realise as the list grows I am less and less likely to watch the ones that I added earliest, as I would have to scroll all the way down.

My simple idea is to have a button that will cycle through your watch list and pick a random movie - for when I am looking for a movie to watch!

Could also possibly do the same for the site as a whole and it’s entire database…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being able to filter out non-fiction films and television minseries.

I think it would be nice to have some more filters. Sometimes I'll be looking for a movie and not be in the mood for a documentary, so it'd be easier if I could exclude the documentary genre. Or maybe be able to exclude particularly genres in general for people who don't like horror films or whatever. Also it'd be nice to have a similar option to filter out miniseries, as if I'm looking for a WWII movie to watch with my dad, being recommended all 10 hours of The Pacific is less helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Thread comments, similar to Disquis or Reddit comments (without upvotes for each comment). This will help the comment

Thread comments, similar to Disquis or Reddit comments (without upvotes for each comment). This will help the comments be more organized and keep each conversation contained.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve GoWatchIt service

One of the main reasons I paid to have a Pro account on Letterboxd was because I thought it'd be a great way to keep a master Watchlist where I can sort those movies by where I can watch them. But it appears your partnership with GoWatchIt.com is broken. It almost never accurately reflects the movies that are currently streaming on various services. Just now it doesn't show that First Reformed is on Prime Video (subscription). It doesn't show that Sorry to Bother You is on Hulu (subscription). It shows Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping is on HBO even though…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Delete tags in bulk

It would be nice to be able to delete a tag from all films you've tagged. For example: I started out tagging every film with the actors that were in it. (I know, I'm stupid.)

When I go to my tags pages now, it's a mess 'cause it's full of tags that I don't need. It would be easy to be able to have a function that would remove that tag from every movie I've logged with that tag. Now, I have to edit every entry and that's obviously very time consuming.

PS this feature is not mentioned in the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. no elapsed time for comment editing

please give us users the ability to edit our comments on the site without an elapsed time. we already have the ability to do this for our reviews, so it would be nice if we were able to have it for our comments, as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add A Priority Tab Watchlist Entries

A ‘Priority’ tab/indicator for movies in watchlists, so the ones the user wants to see most can be easily sorted out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move the green update banner

Can I suggest moving the update banner to the bottom of the screen rather than the top? When it flashes down it hides the other menu buttons meaning it has to be cleared before clicking.

After logging a film the next thing I want to do usually involves those buttons

Thanks!

Ben

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Group friend activity by movie

One big gap in the social aspect of Letterboxd is the ability to see the feedback of friends, aggregated by movie.

I'd love to be able to look at a list of all movies my friends have reviewed, sorted by number of different reviews from friends.

Instead, I need to either go to a specific movie and see if any friend has reviewed it, or keep my eye on the activity feed to see one of those reviews fly by.

Neither of those options serve the purpose of knowing that there's a movie that I haven't heard of that 5…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom Filters / Tags

I think it would be cool if you could assign your own filters to lists.

For example you could create a tag named "Again and Again" in which you could tag all movies that you can watch all the time.
    For me, I would tag all movies that are available on Netflix Germany and would be able to filter my watchlist by this.

Another approach would be to filter Lists by other Lists so that you can see which movies are in both lists.

There would be so many useful things you could do with this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Hide Short Films" feature to Stats pages

I watch a lot of shorts, so I am very appreciative of the "hide short films" filter that is available in most views. I'd LOVE to see this filter (or even a "show ONLY short films" filter as well) added to my stats pages, since the volume of shorts I've seen, mostly animated, significantly influences and distorts my stats, and I'm so curious to see what my stats would look like if it was only accounting for feature-length films.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show status of requests.

I flagged movies that are duplicates and requested a backdrop (for Gamera 2: Attack of Legion) but nothing happend and I would like to know If there´s a problem or maybe I´m wrong with my requests.

Any Chance of some sort of status updates on flagged requests?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Thread comments and allow replies to user handles

For a website that promotes such robust movie discuss it's amazing how diffract it makes it to carry on conversations in the comments section.

Why is there no threaded replies with tagged user handles?

As it stands now I can write a comment under a user review, and they could write back in response, and I could never know that happened without going back to check myself. This is like YouTube was setup 10 years ago when comment interaction was an unorganized mess. They've long since revamped it and the same needs to be done on Letterboxd.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Trending lists

The popular lists page, even when arranged weekly, is quite stagnant, with new lists rarely making it to Page 1. There should be some kind of a 'trending lists' feature, where it shows popular lists that were created recently (like last week, or month etc.). It would keep the page fresh, and allow easy discovery of new lists.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would really love to have tv shows on the site.

Certain TV shows have a cinematic quality. TV has been a parallel medium and is getting more and more audiences due to streaming services such as Netflix. If Letterboxd does add tv shows to its roster then it'll be the ultimate contender against other sites like IMDb.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Biased Reviews from Popular

There are a ton of reviewers who shoot up to the top of the popular page because they've gathered a following but I'm sick of seeing the same fucking people at the top and having to read their biased reviews. I never see any popular reviews that accept that people have different opinions, I only see reviews where people get mad at something (sometimes not even having watched the movie). If you support something, go for it. If you support something else, you do you. But don't shove your ideals down someone else's throat because they're "wrong" or "don't have…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Apps: please put a randomise button on the watchlist

In my watchlist I would like a ‘random item’ Button in the app - I simply can’t decide what to watch!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base