General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "Hide Short Films" feature to Stats pages

I watch a lot of shorts, so I am very appreciative of the "hide short films" filter that is available in most views. I'd LOVE to see this filter (or even a "show ONLY short films" filter as well) added to my stats pages, since the volume of shorts I've seen, mostly animated, significantly influences and distorts my stats, and I'm so curious to see what my stats would look like if it was only accounting for feature-length films.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show status of requests.

I flagged movies that are duplicates and requested a backdrop (for Gamera 2: Attack of Legion) but nothing happend and I would like to know If there´s a problem or maybe I´m wrong with my requests.

Any Chance of some sort of status updates on flagged requests?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Thread comments and allow replies to user handles

For a website that promotes such robust movie discuss it's amazing how diffract it makes it to carry on conversations in the comments section.

Why is there no threaded replies with tagged user handles?

As it stands now I can write a comment under a user review, and they could write back in response, and I could never know that happened without going back to check myself. This is like YouTube was setup 10 years ago when comment interaction was an unorganized mess. They've long since revamped it and the same needs to be done on Letterboxd.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Trending lists

The popular lists page, even when arranged weekly, is quite stagnant, with new lists rarely making it to Page 1. There should be some kind of a 'trending lists' feature, where it shows popular lists that were created recently (like last week, or month etc.). It would keep the page fresh, and allow easy discovery of new lists.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would really love to have tv shows on the site.

Certain TV shows have a cinematic quality. TV has been a parallel medium and is getting more and more audiences due to streaming services such as Netflix. If Letterboxd does add tv shows to its roster then it'll be the ultimate contender against other sites like IMDb.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Apps: please put a randomise button on the watchlist

In my watchlist I would like a ‘random item’ Button in the app - I simply can’t decide what to watch!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There is already a random sort on our website for your watchlist. A technical limitation in how we randomise the list has prevented us from adding this to our apps as yet.

7. More info on personal film pages

On my personal film/review pages, such as this:
    https://letterboxd.com/rotane/film/spider-man-homecoming/
    i would like to see more infos and links to other things, namely any of my lists that this movie appears in, plus reviews that i liked from other people (rather than my friends' ratings).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to dislike reviews.

The overwhelming amount of reviews delivering political commentary, hate speech, and ignorance is tragic. I like that a review can be whatever you want it to be but I don't like that there's no way to gauge the quality of the review quickly. Only representing the supporting side of reviews paints a skewed image of the communities thoughts and feelings. Adding a dislike function would encourage less-active users to engage in the websites rich community in a new way. The overall goal is to be able to scrutinize low-effort, unrelated, and highly offensive content without resorting to censorship and ideally…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tiered lists

The list features and functionality are great in general, but those of us who love to rank know that just as important as the order is the ability to group sets together in tiers to further distinguish them from one another.

For example, say I rank all of Tarantino's movies in the following order:
    1 Pulp Fiction
    2 Reservoir Dogs
    3 Kill Bill Vol 2
    4 Kill Bill Vol 1
    5 The Hateful Eight
    6 Jackie Brown
    7 Death Proof
    8 Django Unchained
    9 Reservoir Dogs

I would prefer to be able to further distinguish them in tiers such as…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share some things with friends only (Public - Shared with Friends - Private)

It would be great to be able to give people the ability to view some lists (e.g. the watchlist) that are not public for anyone.

There are several ways which come to mind:
    This could be a third option next to public / private: "Share with ...".
    It could be possible e.g. for all those who I am following and who follow me vice versa, or ideally a specific group I can define individually.
    It could also be an option to share all private groups with specific people (or the followers I am following, see above).
    Any of those possibilities…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Private film diary notes (per film, per viewing, and shows up under the film in a timeline)

It would be really fantastic to be able to take private notes on a film that attach to each movie and per viewing. I would love to be able to take private notes like

"Saw this at the AMC in Scottsdale with Jonny. Had to much to drink and got kicked out halfway through".

"Since wasn't able to see the whole thing last time, saw the movie again. This time didn't drink and didn't see it with Jonny. Really enjoyed it, felt good to finally see it".

"Saw this movie at home on Netflix with Christie for the first time…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. statistics by director, actor/actress, genre, rate with graphs

expand statistics with more information, including graphs

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. imdb ratings not imported

I want to migrate from the hell that is the new imdb,but my ratings does not get imported here,which is very important to me.. I exported the imdb csv but import does not ask if i want my ratings.
    Please advise

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

They’ve changed their export format — please ensure that the ratings column in your export file has a column title of “Rating10” and our importer should then pick these up. (We’ll get this fixed at our end soon.)

15. Ability to select multiple years when filtering logged films list

Letterboxd is awesome! At present, when sorting/filtering your logged films list you can filter by whole decade or individual year. It would be great if you could select multiple (consecutive or non-consecutive) years to filter by too. E.g. I'm trying to put together a 2017 'best of' list including releases from the current year only, but as release dates seem to be international first release, many of the 'new films' coming here (NZ) are from the year or two previous in terms of international first release (especially smaller festival/indie releases). Would be good, for this list, if I could filter…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate credits to create clean lists

Separate credits for shorts, the "actor" appears as themselves, or films are not yet released. The conclusion being that if I go to Martin Scorsese, for example, and want to see my completion percentage (as director or actor), I'll get an accurate number, not one that includes upcoming projects or shorts or talking head bits.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restructure film page

Hey guys you should really make the film genre and release date immediately avaliable on the movie pages. It kinda sucks having to click to view that. There is plenty of space around the title to show that information.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to delete/edit comments as they please. And not for a short time, that seeems arbitrary. No reason to gatekeep a simple feature.

Allow users to delete/edit comments as we please. And not for a short time, that seeems arbitrary. No reason to gatekeep a simple feature.

Just add a note that a comment was removed or edited.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Movie Memories

I believe Letterboxd should show you which movie or movies you watched today, x years ago.

Either on the homepage or some other place, maybe even in the diary itself.

I know this has been suggested before but is now buried under many other requests and I thought it would be nice to suggest it again.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the enlarge-posters button to profile "films" list

Say I go to my profile and click "Films". I want to see a list of the movies I've watched. This is what it looks like:
    https://imgur.com/a/SsaJNWp
    Gosh, those posters are very small! The text on the posters is very small. My eyesight is not good. I can't read those titles! I can't even use my browser's zoom-in feature, it makes me horizontally scale instead of reflowing. I have to mouse over every single poster to see what the movie is. That's silly.

Oh other pages on the site— like if I look at the list of all films by popularity— there…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base