General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add the enlarge-posters button to profile "films" list

Say I go to my profile and click "Films". I want to see a list of the movies I've watched. This is what it looks like:
    https://imgur.com/a/SsaJNWp
    Gosh, those posters are very small! The text on the posters is very small. My eyesight is not good. I can't read those titles! I can't even use my browser's zoom-in feature, it makes me horizontally scale instead of reflowing. I have to mouse over every single poster to see what the movie is. That's silly.

Oh other pages on the site— like if I look at the list of all films by popularity— there…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update the "sort by" for watchlist.

This request is for web and iOS app. In the watchlist, I'd like to be able to sort by "release date". I know I can manually sort this way but is there any way to make it default? I have to update this filter every time I open the app.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yearly Stats Reflect Films Watched by Decade

I love the stats feature available for Pro/Patron members. The "highest rated decades" on the all-time stat page is really neat and I thought maybe each year could have a feature that shows the number of films watched per decade. For instance, this year I feel like I've been watching a lot of older films from the 30s and 40s but there's no simple way to determine that.

So basically having the "by release year" graph available on the individual years pages!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Advertising on Letterboxd

Please post here if you have questions or concerns around advertising on Letterboxd, and a representative from our ad partner (Advally) will respond.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exact release date

It'd be nice to have the exact release date, maybe under the 'Detail' tab, and additionally being able to choose a country to get the local release date.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add exclusion filters when viewing genre lists. For instance, I want to view lists of movies from the 80s

Add exclusion filters when viewing genre lists. For instance, I want to view lists of movies from the 80s, but want to filter/exclude any foreign films, or other criteria. Can’t seem to find a way to do that now.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove from a list shortcut

When viewing a film there is a an add to list. It would be nice to have a remove from list that works in the same way. I have lists of films I want to watch and after watching a film, I have to find a list, edit the list, scroll through the list and delete it, then save the list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More completion lists on the stats page.

On the stats page you have progress of several lists, Wright's favourites and best pictures etc. It would be nice to have a larger assortment of lists on here; best actor, actress and other Oscar lists. I'm certain there's an abundance of fun lists to include with those already there.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make mark movie as seen and mark movie as liked buttons bigger

The "mark movie as seen" and "mark movie as liked" buttons are quite small https://imgur.com/a/mFgwIkS

Having a bigger button would be nice because I want to mark off that I saw a bajillion movies.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export Watchlist

There is an option to import movies into your watchlist, but at the moment, it would be useful if I could export my watchlist

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Followers only Setting for list privacy.

Id like a not quite public, not quite private list setting.
    I like to make like films I own on DVD, films I saw on theaters DVD, type of lists, but I don't want to spam the recent list section with those things, honestly the only people interested in those things are friends/followers so Id like it the option to only make it visible to them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GREMLINS

i constantly get error messages.. pleeaase fix this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make filmmaker accounts (with flair or verified badge) and allow a system for them to give early access to letterboxd members

Filmmakers could either pick out members, or get suggested members who get to see previews, and in return give reviews and ratings before the film is released.

Also with the filmmaker flair, they could respond to reviews and enter into conversation with users

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add notifications if a film with activity on it is deleted from the database

I frequently come across items where I know I have indicated that I have watched them or added them to a list, and it appears to be because they have been deleted from the database and then re-added so my activity on them is erased. Can we receive notifications if things are removed?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Constant Errors

Your website and iOS app both continue to throw errors. This makes both the website and the app unusable. What's the point of using your services if they don't properly work. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm not able to go through any list without some kind of loading error popping up. This is a great way to lose users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Block lists

The ability to block a list, so you don't have to see the same lists over and over again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Favorite films

There should really be a toggle option to hide the "Favorite Films" section on my profile page. I don't like the idea of displaying just four favorite films, and I choose to display my top ten favorite films in a list instead, so it's irksome to see the "Don’t forget to select your favorite films!" message on my profile. This seems like a really simple and obvious feature to implement, but I suppose I'm in the minority who thinks so.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort my films by most watched

I'd love to be able to sort by most watched in my films list. I know as a Pro user you can see this, but it only shows the top 12 entries, and I'd love to see more (and be able to make a list out of it!).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Release Year to Diary movie list

Would be nice if the list of movies in our Diaries would include the year the film was released.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More covers

Include an option to add/view "" OFFICIAL™© "" variations of a film's cover, from different physical releases to posters.

People could even vote on which one is the default for the site (like last.fm)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base