General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve GoWatchIt matching algorithm

There are a number of titles that letterboxd gets wrong when using the gowatchit service filter option. For instance, navigating to the "Okja" page and clicking "More services" under the "Watch" banner, the page from gowatchit lists the title as "Oka!" which is an entirely different movie. This explains why "Okja" does not show up on the Netflix service filter in letterboxd, even though it is a Netflix original.

Those names are similar enough, but it also makes some nonsensical errors - "The Human Surge" links to a movie called "The Lovers and the Despot". There are many more examples.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Random Movie Button

I am sure you have had this asked for plenty but here goes!

As I have been adding movies to my watch list, I realise as the list grows I am less and less likely to watch the ones that I added earliest, as I would have to scroll all the way down.

My simple idea is to have a button that will cycle through your watch list and pick a random movie - for when I am looking for a movie to watch!

Could also possibly do the same for the site as a whole and it’s entire database…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Advertising on Letterboxd

Please post here if you have questions or concerns around advertising on Letterboxd, and a representative from our ad partner (Advally) will respond.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GREMLINS

i constantly get error messages.. pleeaase fix this

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Find reviews for a film based on star rating

Would it be possible to filter film reviews by star rating? It can be quite laborious trying to find reviews that are generally positive or negative etc, with even more sorting and scrolling required to find anything in the middle. I feel certain reviews can often get a bit lost in the mix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our iOS and Android apps support a “Rated in range” filter, so you can see all 3-star reviews for a film, or all reviews that are between 2 and 4 stars, for example. This is not yet available on our website (one of the few situations where our apps are more fully featured)!

6. Fix Website

I've had nothing but issues with it since I signed up yesterday. It keeps failing. I like the design. If it doesn't keep giving me errors, I would pay for a subscription.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lists intersection

I have my watchlist, my friend has their watchlist, I like that friend, if I could intersect our two watchlists, I can see what movie we could watch together!

Would also be awesome for other lists (like which of 1001 movies you have to see before you die are on New Yorker Best 100 movies of all time? Which Nostalgia Critic-reviewed movies were also covered in the How Did This Get Made podcast?)

You guys love lists. We love lists too! Give us the option to intersect our lists :D

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Movies by Country?

The site is great but when you browse all the movies you can filter them by year and genre but not country, which makes researches much longer, at least for me...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can browse by country from a film’s page. This is sub-optimal as you need to find a film from the country you’re interested in, in order to find more from that country. We plan to add a list of all countries and languages.

9. wordpress widget

I have a film and book review blog, would love to have a widget on my sidebar that links to my LetterBoxD account so my readers can follow me on here, and maybe see what scores I have given films I have watched recently.

I noticed some older questions from a few years ago, that talked about plans being in the works for widgets, but I can't find any information on currently available ones.

Do these widgets exist, please?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to group lists

I was thinking it would be a cool idea if you group all of your lists together in categories or groups for example I have a list for every year of movies that I have seen I would like to put all of those in one group and be able to alphabetize them by name of list for quicker access and then I have a few more lists that are awards winners in different types of awards ?I would like to be able to put them all in a separate group for easy access and so on and so on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better search functionality (typeahead / autocomplete)

Search really needs to have type ahead. It's 2018... use type ahead or auto complete or whatever you want to call it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. can you fix the services option

it is not accurate. especially netflix, like not even close

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Crew changes from TMDB not imported

I have added many composers and lyricists
    eg. https://www.themoviedb.org/person/1741599-manna-dey?language=en-US
    But it still hasn't been imported despite 15 days passed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. User Rated Yearly Rankings

i think a more definitely ranked Top User-Rated Films of each year would be highly useful for finding essentials and adding them to your watchlist, and just for encouraging debate. i know this is sort of already done but it is also somewhat cluttered with films that have received high ratings due to a low amount of ratings, and also TV mini-series which can't be filtered.

i would also love if the films yearly ranking was shown on the film's page, like how rateyourmusic does with albums (ie, Children of Men being shown as the #1 top user rated film…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base