General

General

Categories

1. I would love to be able to create ranked lists of my favorite actors, directors, writers etc.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I absolutely adore the Shuffle view in the watchlist for choosing a film when a non-specific mood strikes me. However, it would be even better if it was available on mobile (specifically the iOS app, but I don't want to leave Android users in the cold) for access to that feature when not at home, or not at my desk.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prioritize favorite followers, so that their reviews always show up first. Basically, favorite friends.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add up total hours of minutes a user has seen and have it displayed on their profile

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An inbox for direct messages so that I can communicate with my friends about specific movies!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Day (Light) Mode as an option to view the site. Some people (like me) don't fancy the night mode, so I hope there would be an option to switch modes both in the site and the mobile app.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a tab in the movie page (People, Likes, Reviews, Lists and Awards) in which we can see the awards that the movie has won

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I first started using Letterboxd I would write dumb throw away reviews that don’t really say anything about the film, well I’d like to make it so I am the only one who can see them. I want to be able to write more serious stuff but I feel like it’s hard to do that when I have so many dumb throw away reviews from before. I think an option to make diary entries private would be vary helpful.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be cool to see if there are any other users that have the same 'Favourite' movies as me. From one match to all 4.

I think having 4 out 4 favourite movies the same as someone else would be cool to see as you obviously have similar taste. This could also improve the social side of the app too.

It might also be cool to see some stats in common on users a profile, such as how many movies you have both watched, rated, reviewed.

e.g.
    You have 50 movies in common!
    You have 35 movies with the…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I get errors almost whenever I use this app, today is bad, usually various errors for “error loading list” such as when loading a list, filtering a list, editing a list, general searching or loading a film. Its super annoying if I’m editing a list etc and it hasn’t saved. Anyways, I’m not sure why, but I see a lot of iOS errors, please fix, thanks

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I’d like the option to be able to browse by country in the search/browse by section on the iPhone app. As a way to more easily find films from different countries. The more countries the better!!!!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be really cool to add video games onto the app, i’ve noticed some tv shows are on there so adding video games would be pretty cool too. Maybe there could be tabs for ‘films’, ‘tv shows’ and ‘video games’ or something to make it easier to navigate. I’ve just played a lot of good games recently and would like to express my opinions somewhere that works as well as letterboxd does.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When logging a movie, be able to tag friends (mutual follows) and it will give them the option to rate and add to their diary. This way only one person has to enter it and the date watched will automatically save for the other person to rate later.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Message privately with friends and create group messages with people on the app!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The desktop version shows the country of production and languages spoken (and clicking on them brings up the page for that country)

For some reason that isn’t available in the app so I need to open the website every time I want to know what country a movie was produced in.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I love this app and it has completely changed the way I watch movies. However, I think this app could be so much more interactive. My idea for Letterboxd is to make the home screen look like a more "traditional" social media platform. The home screen would instead be a timeline that allows the user to scroll endlessly through the new movie reviews posted by the people they are following. This could work by showing the user's review of a specific movie (similar to the way you look at your own reviews in the respective tab) with easy access to…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Under the “films” tab in profile, add an option to sort by when the films were logged.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While not movies, these series are short and lesser known excellent anime series. I feel that they should be added to Letterboxd's database as they are essential anime viewing and I am working on a list of my top anime series and films. All are available with information on TMDB

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recently all of the Disney+ Marvel shows have been added to Letterboxd and I would like the same to happen for the Disney+ Star Wars series. These shows include— The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Bad Batch, Ahsoka, The Acolyte, Andor, Lando, Visions, A Droid Story, Rangers of The New Republic and Resistance

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?