General

General

Categories

1. Links to letterboxd pages open in a browser, with no option to force it to open in app. It defeats the purpose of sharing reviews or movie pages when you can't open it in the app where you're already signed in.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it would be really great to receive a push notification of a film being logged by someone I follow, as well as the ability to specifically select who I would like to receive those notifications from.

I regularly miss when my friends watch something because the activity section is a bit of a pain to navigate, and is filled with a lot of other people I follow. I'd love to be able to keep up with what they're watching without having to go to their individual profiles each time I check the app.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When searching for films, I think there should be an option to browse / filter films by country (as well as 'Year', 'Genre', 'Popular' etc). I think this would be useful world cinema fans and would lead to users creating a variety of country-themed lists. For example, I aim to make a lists dedicated to my favourite film from every country and having an option to browse/filter by country would be a very helpful resource.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since Android 10 moved to a gesture based navigation similar to iOS, it would make sense to also have a bottom navigation bar like the one used in the iOS app.
    The old style slide-out hamburger menu is now even more clunky to use than it already was. The gesture bar should also be floating above the content ("Edge-to-Edge"). Or in this case, float above the bottom navbar. See this blog post for details: https://medium.com/androiddevelopers/gesture-navigation-going-edge-to-edge-812f62e4e83e

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As of now accessing your profile means opening the hamburger menu on the top left and tapping on "Profile".
    I believe it would be cleaner and intuitive to give that ability to the profile picture, instead of just having it sit there at the top of the menu with no functionality whatsoever.

Cheers!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd love to be able to share my most recent watch to IG stories the same way I can share a song from Spotify on mobile

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When you view your films on android, you cant sort them by when you added/viewed/rated them. Can you add that filter like the desktop site does?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to filter out stand-up comedy specials and concert films. When going through the top rated films, it's constantly cluttered with these entries. The same with mini-series and TV show episodes that make it though.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a page on profile with the % of actors and directors works whatched. Will be more easy than search for the actor.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This might be a personal thing, but I tend to look at my stats from the profile page and log my films, but find that I have to go to the popular page then log. Seems like a simple addition, bus add the green button to the profile page.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On the desktop/web browser version of Letterboxd you can use the 'Sort By' function to rearrange all the films by Name, Release Date and Ratings. Having this feature within the app when editing a list would be extremely helpful, I have a couple of lists that are A-Z which I edit within the app but then have to go to the browser to sort them.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When we search for the highest rated movies it is hard to get to the ones with rate 3,5, for example. So i think it would be nice if we could choose the rate or the rate range we want. (Ex: I want to see the movies with rate 3,5; or i want to see movies with rate between 3,5 and 4). And i think it would be nice if we could choose multible genres when we search for a movie, and not just one.

Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PLEASE!! time for a series app, letterboxd series

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The feature exists on browser but not the app.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow the App to sort profile Films list by Date Added since the website allows it already.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For each film you read the description of or review, or don't review, there should be a related films section. At least 5 movies.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi. i follow a lot of people on letterboxd, and some peoples ratings/reviews i care about more than others. So my suggestion would be to implement a system where you can highlight some profiles. so that you dont have too scroll so much to find their rating/reviews.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of only being able to select, "1970s," or "1980s," users would benefit from the ability to select a range of years on a slider, such as "1974 to 1989" or "1941 to 1957," to help look at different movements and eras.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love to be able to catch up with all film reviews from the people I follow, but it's hard to keep track of this when every page of the feed is mostly filled with Likes.
    Would be great to be able to filter to just the latest reviews from friends to see what they've been watching recently, rather than scrolling through endless Likes to find them or searching for specific friends individually; which is a bit of a challenge in itself, because we don't always remember the nicknames, but we recognise them when we see them.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?