General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Localize the site and apps

Localize the site, and apps, in multiple languages.

Possibly with the support of the users, I would recommend this website: https://www.transifex.com/

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add filters for "seen" or "on watchlist" on lists

I made a list based on a series of reviews on AVclub.com. Some of these films I have already seen and some are on my watchlist. It would be nice to have the option to show only those that I haven't seen yet or am not yet planning to watch

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Release Dates

I would like to see the release dates for films added. It's a simple feature and one that I am suprised isn't already available. Please add, it would be much simpler than having to look it up on Google.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team members/volunteers who can update info?

Have you thought about implementing a special group of users that can instantly update or referesh movie data? like maybe a small group of long-time/trusted users who want to volunteer for it? I know anyone can update the information but that is the problem... every now and then a smart ass will purposely mess up the a description with "suck my d***" or something and it can take up to a day for the corrections on tmdb to roll over. It would be nice if there were a few people who could look out for this sort of stuff and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop ratings and reviews for unreleased movies

As simple as that, open this settings only a couple days/weeks before the actual launch.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. connect with GetGlue

It would be nice if you could connect with GetGlue. If you check in to a movie, it is automatically posted as seen on your profile.

http://getglue.com/

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't allow users to rate/add to "watched" movies that haven't even come out yet.

Movies like the 2017 Star Wars one. No one on Letterboxd has seen it, it's not even finished, they are filming it now and it's just annoying with people marking it as "watched" and giving out high grades to it.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search your watched films

The Watched Films page doesn't have a search box...and I wish it did. It would make it awesome.

I want to be able to go to my watched films page and type in, "genre:horror" and see a list of all the horror films I've seen, so I can actually answer the question, "what's the best horror movie you've ever seen?"

I want to be able to type in, "of the dead" and see all the films I've seen that have "of the dead" in their title.

I want to be able to type in "year:1959" to find out what movies…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete all ratings...

Is there any feature to delete all my ratings for 1000+ films all at once. I don't want to do the tedious job of going through each movie page and doing it for individual movie. Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At present we don’t support such a feature. (But you could export your account in Settings, remove the ratings column and re-import to a new account.)

10. Lock rating

I think you guys should lock the ratings of movies before release. Some people are rating movies based on trailers in imdb they lock theirs. Just look at starwars 7 people are marking it as watched and even rating it 5 stars. Please lock the watched and rating option please.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would love to see a message board format to replace imdb. Your site has a great look and could easily steal all the users a way from them.

Message board format for your comments section. You could easily steal all of imdb users in the next few weeks with a change to the comments section. We all need a place to go and read about others idea and share our own. I use imdb multiple times a day just for their message boards.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rewatch Counter

It would be nice to have some sort of info where it shows how many times you've watched a movie.
    Classics, favorites, holiday films and what-not, we rewatching them again and again.. having an icon with a number maybe (?) to show how many times I watched Star Wars for example would be great.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Default rating = most recent date logged

I'm slowly adding 20 years' worth of film logs, working backward from the present. This makes the most sense for various reasons (in that it's gonna take me close to a year to finish at my pace of a month per day), but it causes a rating problem.

Example: I saw MARGARET a third time and my rating went up from 4 to 4.5. That got logged first. Working back to last September when I saw it the other two times, I accurately logged those ratings as 4. But right now your default rating seems to be whatever the most…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We love your dedication! (If you have these in a spreadsheet we could try importing them for you.)

I suspect you’re right in terms of which doary entry rating hould be considered the most recent one. We’ll look into it.

15. Integrating soundtrack/ score or at least composer with movies

basically letterboxd is about movies. but as scores and soundtracks play a major role in creating the atmosphere of a movie, there should be a section in the movie view mentioning the composer. this would also greatly facilitate finding other scores of the same kind - thinking of hans zimmer and all the other workaholics. just thinking...

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make some way to filter real reviews. Maybe add a 'comment' section or a 'dislike' button.

Too many high rated 'reviews' are some comedic quip and not actual reviews at all.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. List Edit mode: Show ratings and fade watched (at least)

It would be very useful to sort and manage ranked lists if it's available in the edit mode the same filter and sort tools we have on a regular list. Or at least the most important: show the ratings and fade the watched.

Show the rating: I'm always updating the year's favorites list for instance and sorting films by group of stars so everytime I need to re-open the list in the detail mode to check what's the rating.

Fade watched: I like to use negative lists as a to-do list, so a film is erased after watched and is…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Customization of the Profile page

Community is good, voting is good, too, but I also prefer to create a private list of my films. Please add the option to make the own profile invisible or parts of it. It should be the users decision what other users can read about him without using less functions of that service.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Private lists are supported (there’s a checkbox to keep a list private to just its owner). We plan to offer some options around how your profile page is configured, what is promoted, etc. Thanks for the feedback.

19. Searching

You should be able to search within any list in order to find a film quickly without having to go page by page to find the R's, for example.
    That way, if you want to add a review or rating to a film in one of your lists you can find it much quicker than having to go page by page (or 2 at a time)

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)