General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. insert TV shows

There are already Netflix TV series and other shows on here, why not add them all. Would love to find TV shows to watch and recommend on here. Hope you guys can implement it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Date when added/watched

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but is there an easy way to show the date you watched a film ? I am just starting to use the diary function in letterboxd and it would be cool to be able to have an easy way to use the date you added a film to your letterboxd for your diary. At the moment I am clicking on each movie, then on activity, then on my activity for the film and then I can see when i marked the movie on watched, so i can use this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have a "for you" section

So you know how Netflix looks at things you've liked and recommends you titles based on that. You should include something like that here. It may be difficult because you'd have to develop an algorithm, but in the end it'd be worth it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. automatically watched when selecting liked

when i select that i like a movie it should automatically select it as watched as well. doesn't make sense to select this twice. super easy fix and massive quality of life improvement for every single user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We considered this, but ultimately decided (rightly or wrongly) that you could like the “hype” around a film before you watched it. Now that we allow it, it might be a difficult thing to change.

6. Spell-Check Glitch

In the review section, when android does an automatic spellcheck and I try to select, edit, or delete that word, the entire review disappears (I suspect the entire log gets refreshed). Its happened several times and caused some frustration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block updates for event movies

I'd love to be able to totally block certain movies from my activity feed until after I see them - e.g. to just click a button on Solo's page that says "no updates until seen" - and then not have to panic about seeing spoilers in my activity feed/homepage until I actually seek them out after seeing the movie.

Great site!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show on film pages people who have that as one of the four favorites

I really like to see people's four favorite films in everyone's page, and I think it would be really cool if in every film page we could see a list of people who have that particular film as one of the four (as we have the lists Watched, Rated, Reviewed, Liked).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Problème barre horizontale

La barre d'adresse email bouge en même temps que celle du message et passe donc sous le texte quand on l’agrandi vers la droite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow highlighting of films you have reviewed

When looking at your films laid out in front of you, it would be nice if the ones that you have reviewed had a highlighted frame around it that way you know which ones you still need to add a review to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could you update Poster of a film?

<Minute Bodies: The Intimate World of F. Percy Smith> has no Poster in Letterboxd. I've searched it on Google so there is a poster exist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix the stars ratings

For one thing, pressing the stars to rate a film on its page is very difficult, as it requires you to press at an exact spot to save the rating. You should probably make the stars a little bigger to make it easier to click on.

Also, when someone clicks on the "I saw this" eye-button, a pop-up should appear, asking for the rating. Its a little redundant to have to go into the movie's page to add a rating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lists - minimum amount of films

A list with 3 films is a little bit of a waste of time...perhaps a minimum of 5 films upwards?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Personal Ballots

I tried to sway a few list-crazed cinephiles to join the site, but all of them preferred to stick with their Excel spreadsheets b/c Letterboxd doesn't allow them to create "personal ballots" for each year-- these include things like Best Actress, Best Cinematography, etc. If there was a way to create personal ballots by year-- that included multiple categories-- I know lots of people who would rush to join.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter Comments/Jokes/Memes from actual reviews and introduce "helpful"-button

Make a filter to switch user input between Comments/Jokes/Memes and more serious reviews.

I suggest to give Comments/Jokes/Memes a reduced number of characters so that they feel like a tweet on Twitter. Keep the "Like"-Button here.

Actual reviews with great and insightful content should require an appropriate minimum of characters before being posted. Introduce a "helpful"-Button here.

Abusing the review section for Jokes should be reportable.

I think this is a solution that would benefit everyone and the social aspect of letterboxd would not suffer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to search users by gender.

It's hard to find other women to follow in the Letterboxd sausage fest. Some way to make this possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Table view of "Films->Sort by Popular"

The "Films->Sort by Popular" view is currently in grid format only. It might be interesting to also be able to display this in table view, with a column indicating the "popularity" of (i.e. how many members have viewed) each film.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. increase the size of the thumbnails

hi, i registered, was invited to click 'watched and liked' on the next page. On that page the thumbnails where so small i didn't know if id seen them or not, never mind liked them.
    I took my glasses off. I zoomed in on the browser - no good. I could spot a couple of famous films but not most of them.

Im not even that old, im 40 and i work in a fairly technical industry.

It would be really funny if ive missed something, as it means im getting old - i hope I have for your sake,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Imdb/total film/empire links

It would be great to be able to link or film magazines to our letterboxd accounts. I find a lot of my movie news from places link imdb and digital copies of film magazines mostly on my tablet. It is really annoying to have to close an application and open up letterboxd to add something to my watch list. I don't know if there was some way this could me made easier? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base