General

1. Get Help to Fix AOL Mail Sign In Issues | 1-855-599-8359

Do you face AOL Email Login Problem on your Windows or MAC computer? If you face any problem in your AOL account while login, it will not allow to login in your account. You need to fix this issue by itself or you can take help to an AOL expert technician. To connect with the AOL technician, contact AOL Email Support Number 1-855-599-8359 toll-free & fix your problem of AOL Mail Login, AOL Sign In, AOL.Com Mail Login.
    For more info, visit our website and follow the give steps:
    https://getemailservices.com/aol-mail-login/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. check average rating calculation

I found a film where the overall rating doesn't seem to reflect the histogram (Linda and Abilene, 1969). I calculated an average from the number of votes given in the histogram at 1.92, but the overall score is listed as 2.6.

Not a big deal and clearly I have way too much time on my hands for both doing this and actually watching that film!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Patrons to choose their own posters

I've seen this idea before, or at least something similar to it, but I think it's a great idea. Of course it would require quality control/approval, bit I still think it would be a neat idea for those who are supporting the site financially. I would love to change the posters for Stalker in L'Inferno to other official posters that are much nicer. L'Inferno is stuck with a poorly designed DVD cover that's an eyesore and I'd love to switch it out with something more stylidh and fitting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. offer better analytics for ratings

I'd like to be able to see a numeric breakdown of the ratings i've given, with percentages of the overall ratings. I see the one little graph, but I feel like this option could be better or more precise or developed. It doesn't offer an exact breakdown of how many films have been rated, and which percentage is given to each rating. This could just be a number, but I like graphs and charts as well.

Websites like rateyourmusic offer the exact number of each rating you've given. I'd just like a better overview of the ratings I have given,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement rarity ratings for viewing histories and collections

Here's what I mean:

Assign scores to films based upon the amount of people have claimed to watch and own a film in question. Based upon a composite score, one can get a sense of one's viewing experience/breadth. Kind of like the mean/median book obscurity number on LibraryThing's website. Just a thought. Love your site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Higher standard for "Top Rated Films"

I've noticed that finding good films to watch through sorting by highest rating has become difficult lately. A good example would be trying to sort by highest rating and narrowing the search to horror from the 2010s.

You will find that a bunch of the results are youtube videos, and the others only have 100 or so people who have even logged the film as watched.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be a higher minimum for calling something "Top Rated"? Maybe like <1000 viewed or something like that? I use this site primarily for the ability to search for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Poster Updates

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to see your interactions with a particular user

Now that the site is over three years there have been a LOT of conversations. Many times I think, 'Oh yeah, I discussed such and such with so and so', but there's no way to find it.

So, it would be great if you could query a user and get a list of Reviews and Lists where:

- you own, and the queried user commented in
    - they own, and you commented
    - neither own, but you both commented in

would work. It would also be great to have dates, as the granularity of comment dates devolves to years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I can translate into another language

Hello, I want to translate Letterboxd into another language. I'm free to help with the topic. I can translate 100% with a language suitable for the film industry. Android, web, ios, tvos do so on every platform. If you want, you can also upload to the crowdin site and I'll help you. Looking forward to your reply

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding film to a list in the Add film window

It would be easy when adding a film I can add it to a list in the same window. Now I have to do this in another screen via the menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow review imports that preserve canonical source ala medium.com

Have you considered allowing imports ala medium.com where a user provides a URL to an existing review on their site and you pull in the review with a <link rel="canonical"> back to the source? This would allow users to import reviews but preserve SEO to their source sites and not get penalized for duplicate content? Maybe as a Pro feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort tags by year

To sort the tags i used in some year. Like, all the tags i added to my diary in 2016. I (and many people) tag films by their countries, so, in my opinion, it would be a nice feature, because then we could see how many films from how many countries we watched that year, for instance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Profile Page Configuration

e four favorite films at the top of each person’s profile would be better situated in the right-hand column, above or below the Watchlist. The reason for this is because, by and large, the list of favorites will remain static for many users (i.e., they’re unlikely to be changed very often). As a result, when viewing a profile that you’ve seen numerous times already, the first thing that you’ll encounter is a familiar list of favorites, whereas what you’re really interested in – the recently watched films – is below it, and possibly hidden from immediate view in lower resolutions.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. E-mails

I like the Letterboxd e-mail system, but I seem to sometimes receive as many as 7-8 e-mails for the exact same thing. In fact, 95% of e-mails I receive from you are duplicates (same minute, same person following, 5 e-mails). I know I am not the only one getting this, so hopefully it is a bug that can be fixed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to clean and simplify your design.

All white and minimalist, focusing what's important - films! Other than that is great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Compare movies

The ability to compare your watched and rated movies to another user's ratings to see how similar your taste in movies is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search function

I often find that I have to press 'enter' twice after keying in my search term into the search box, only then will the search start. Feels like its one press to enter the term and a second to start the search. It's not a sitebreaker, but its counterintuitive and disrupts the site experience.

I'm not sure if its a site problem, or just my browser. I'm using Google Chrome, version 23.0.1271.64, on a Mac 10.6.8. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Feature-Length/Short Categories on Profiles

It might be a good idea to add "shorts" and "feature-length films" categories to the "genres" bar on users' "watched films" pages, so that they can view these types of films separately if they choose to do so. A miscellaneous category might also be a good addition, as there are many non-films (i.e. TV episodes, music videos) on Letterboxd.

This would probably make it easier for users to keep track of the actual number of films they've watched, as opposed to everything they've watched regardless of the type of medium.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let us browse the new films added to the database

Like it says, whether they're new releases or older films that users have added to TMDB, I think it would be pretty useful to see what has just been added to the site. It might also allow you to happen across stuff you had forgotten about or stuff that you are just interested in seeing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add backdrops for the following films - as a patron I'd love to use them.

VAMPYR (Dreyer, 1932)
    THE SWEET HEREAFTER (Egoyan, 1997)
    PARADISE LOST (Berlinger, 1996)
    EVERYTHING WILL BE OK (Hertzfeldt, 2006)
    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU (Hertzfeldt, 2008)
    IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY [the short film] (Hertzfeldt, 2001)
    VERNON, FLORIDA (Morris, 1981)

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General