General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add additional commenting functionality

1. You have the list of what HTML is supported when you're adding comments...why not make clicking on one of them insert the necessary HTML element into your post so users need not write it themselves?

2. Add ability preview and edit comments for up to 10 minutes after posting.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give notification when someone likes your review

it's really annoying to have to go through all your reviews to see new likes, i want to be able to have a notification (preferably through email) of when someone likes my review.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 'Service Unavailable' message

I find that when searching for certain specific terms, such as genres ('thriller', 'comedy') or names of months ('august', 'june') I often get a message saying "The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

This happens even when the search term corresponds with the title of a movie. Is this a bug?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove duplicates and change bad posters

Hi. I report duplicate entries and bad posters almost as a daily basis, suggesting in this last case good posters, without credits in most of the cases, which at least are well formed and fit the frame. I use the flag to do it, but is a worthless task, nothing is solved. I know you guys are very busy, but I think that removing duplicates and get the best poster possible are very important tasks to be accomplished in terms of this site's quality.
    My current list of reported movies: https://letterboxd.com/watsodeleche/list/reported-1/

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show followers ratings

When you are on a film page, you can see "Your friends who have watched [title of movie]". That opens the list of friends with a few columns including the heart. I would love to see their ratings here, as well as a link to their review of this film if they have one. Here is why it is important to have this information here.

The natural flow is to see that someone reviewed or rated a film you haven't seen. You may read their review, and then take a look at the film page. Now you are interested in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. personalize the rating system

I don't know if this fits the philosophy of letterboxd's rating system, but I think there will be an average overall still:

How about adding a feature to everybody's profile page (maybe with none or default settings if the user chooses to not change it) that enables you to personalize how you value the star rating with individual, editable expressions.
    I think that some users rate movies more severely or more mildly than others. The personalized rating description would make it more easy and fun to classify a certain user's rating.

Let me be clear that this would be a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. be able to search for a movie in someone's reviews

i think it would be great if you could search on someone's profile to see if that specific user has reviewed, logged or rated a specific movie. like if someone's into a specific subgenre and you want to see if they've seen a certain movie

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More variable filtering by release date

I'd like to filter lists by the years(!) of it's release dates. For instance I want only the films after 2000. Useful would be a slider with 2 knobs. One for the first year I want to see and one for the last year. Also It would be pretty annoying to adjust those precisely by hand so they need an input field to put the exact year in. I don't know how your website works but I think It wouldn't be to much afford but a great tool

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. User-generated community tags, similar to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/

On film pages, users would be able to apply tags that are appropriate or relevant to a film (such as "female director" or "coming of age").

Tags that are applied frequently become featured categories, helping everyone discover new films through a new set of themes and attributes defined by the community.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. give a way to note why film is on watch list

"I want to watch a film" is not a boolean. The 'why' is important. Did a friend recommend it? Did it get good reviews? Does it have that actor I'm stalking in it?.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. activity stream - enable "see more" to limit long reviews!

basically, if you follow people who posts meaningful reviews (which generally can be really long) your activity feed sometimes gets dominated by long texts belonging to movies that do not interest you...

solution is to add the same word limit that exists in the movie pages. clicking on "more" would then bring the whole text in view...

ps: just checked the ios app, and the feature is there! we need the same for WEB!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to display Stars in lists

I'd like the option to choose whether or not to display my "star rating" for each film in a list that I create.

For example, in creating a "best of 2012" ranked list I think it'd be nice for others to not only see which film is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, last, etc. but also see my "star rating" without having to click on each film. I'm thinking you could just add the stars between the film card and the number that sits underneath it (or just underneath the card if the list doesn't use numbers/rankings)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add subgenres

I know it's not important, but it would fun to browse (for example giallo)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rushes email issues

The periodic "Rushes" email is long enough that gmail clips it and you have to open it in its own tab to see the whole thing. I suspect a significant portion of your users are on gmail so it wouldn't hurt to keep the email within their limits.

Also, the rushes email shows "recent" reviews from my friends. But my friends seldom write reviews so it shows me the same three reviews from my same three friends every single week. I'd prefer you just say "your friends haven't posted any reviews lately" than have to see those again.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add posters to the autocomplete search suggestions

It would make it much quicker to find the film you want if the autocomplete results had the poster next to them. You wouldn't need to rely on just the date.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search my profile

A search bar on profiles to quickly find lists and reviews by title and tags.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have a 'minimum view' toggle for highest rated stars / crew on stats page

It would be good to have a toggle to 'only show people who I've seen at least X times' (I'd suggest X is 2 or 3 by default, but it could even be adjustable) on 'highest rated' stats.

Lots of my top stats include that one 4.5-star cinematographer/composer/producer/actor who I've only seen once, in that one 4.5-star film - pushing down the list someone who I've seen 10 times and averages an impressive 3.9.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base