General

General

Categories

1. It would be very nice if you could have collaborative movie lists like Spotify does with their playlists. Or if there was some sort of group page feature where u and other people in the group could also make recommendations postings to each other or something similar.

208 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think some sort of internal notification system alerting you to when someone comments on or likes a review of yours would be much preferred to getting emails. This way I won't have to check my emails to review letterboxd activity.

Also, similar to this idea, allow me to follow my favorite people - meaning anytime one of my favorites logs another movie I am notified by the above mentioned system.

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be great to be able to make a list that I could share with friends but not have public to all my followers. Like YouTube's "unlisted" setting on videos. Not public, not private, but sharable through links? Say, a list of films we plan to watch together that I wouldn't want on my page?

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 187 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You guys really need to take the People page away or modify it. For some stupid reason a lot of people are insecure about the "popularity" (or lack thereof) on this site. All the People page does, since it hardly ever changes, is basically show off who has the most followers and the most comments on their reviews (popularity, i guess?).

maybe you could change it to show the new members or have it
    rotate every day. either of those would help alleviate this issue.

since LB left Beta there have been a lot more members are this popularity bs…

191 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Most reviews are and will be written in English. But once public accessible this site will (hopefully) grow, so will the number of reviews and diversity of languages used to write these reviews. On a movie detail I can see 3 popular reviews in 3 different languages for example.

Maybe an options where you can select in what language your review is written and an option (checkboxes) to select which languages you understand... and wan't to see.

189 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I find it incredibly frustrating when people will follow me just so that they can get a follow in return but then they'll unfollow you afterwards. all because it'll make them look more credible as a reviewer when they clearly never got those followers genuinely.

my point is someone who follows 1000 people but also has 1000 followers looks more like someone who's clearly been liking random accounts for likes in return.

Whereas someone with 1000 followers and only following 200 other people looks more like the established and genuine popular reviewers.

So i would love to simply know who…

181 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello. Over the past few months I've noticed some huge inconsistencies in your system of choosing what is considered a "film" and allowed to stay on the database. This all started when I tried to add "Falsettos (2017)" as one of my 4 favorites on my profile, only to find that I wasn't able to as it had been removed from the database. I emailed you guys and the answer I received was "Falsettos is technically not eligible for a page as it's both a Broadway musical and an episode of a TV series".

Here are some reasons why I…

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It doesn't need to be something big like having a different page layout for movies and series. It's just that if I enter a page of a tv series that I don't know, I confuse it for a movie. A simple one or two words description like "feature film"/"tv series" next to the title or somewhere on the page would be enough.

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have a lot of private lists for organizing my opinions for films as well as information for my YouTube channel and Instagram, and I keep having to search through my list longer than I thought. I would really like to see folders be visible, so that folders are visible in the lists section, while lists that can stay out of folders can be visible normally in the same section. Please take this into consideration!

144 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow to view the diary as a tabled calendar using the posters as film indicators

137 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I't would be great to see ratings from other sources like IMDB, TMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, below the Letterboxd ratings,

133 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When I add something to my Watchlist, there are two critical pieces of information I'd like to be able to include:

1) Who told me about the movie or where did I hear about it.
    2) Where I plan to watch it.

Examples:

a) the Inside Streaming newsletter recommended I watch a film on Netflix. I put it in my Watchlist but over time I'll forget why I did or where I can watch it.
    b) a friend at work recommends I watch a movie he/she saw on TCM last night. When I put it in my watch list I'd…

130 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be extremely useful to be able to search for titles in certain lists, such as the top 250/other poll lists and 3rdrevelation's "youtube collection". Does this make sense?

128 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No way can todd gaines read 100 reviews in two minutes.It just clogs up the activity feed and it serves no purpose other than to like reviews in the hope that the reviewers will like yours back.

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would prefer if there was truly a half-star symbol instead of the "1/2" fraction following the stars in movie ratings!

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow a user to see a list movies that match multiple tags. E.g.: I want to see all 'bluray' movies I 'watched in 2011'.

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want to write more reviews to contribute more, but I need time, and since there is no way of saving drafts before publishing a review, I keep dropping reviews all together instead of writing something half assed. Writing reviews locally in a text editor up front doesn't work for me, I simply find it to big of a hassle. This is just a fun hobby after all, not serious business :)

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be great if it was possible to only put a spoiler warning on part of a review. That way, people who haven't seen the movie can read part of the review instead of not being able to read any of it, just because there is ONE spoiler in the review.

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be nice if a little detail was added to the 'following' page (http://letterboxd.com/username/following/), 'FOLLOWS YOU' would be a nice option to see in the list with members who you follow. Now you have to go to each member seperatly to see if they follow you back or not.

110 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?