General

General

Categories

1. It would be nice to be able to delete a tag from all films you've tagged. For example: I started out tagging every film with the actors that were in it. (I know, I'm stupid.)

When I go to my tags pages now, it's a mess 'cause it's full of tags that I don't need. It would be easy to be able to have a function that would remove that tag from every movie I've logged with that tag. Now, I have to edit every entry and that's obviously very time consuming.

PS this feature is not mentioned in the…

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great if it was possible to only put a spoiler warning on part of a review. That way, people who haven't seen the movie can read part of the review instead of not being able to read any of it, just because there is ONE spoiler in the review.

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice if a little detail was added to the 'following' page (http://letterboxd.com/username/following/), 'FOLLOWS YOU' would be a nice option to see in the list with members who you follow. Now you have to go to each member seperatly to see if they follow you back or not.

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Perhaps there's a good reason for you NOT to include film ratings next to each film, but I feel like it's important enough information that it should be included at least somewhere. I have to exit the app to find out if the movie is rated R or not... a bit strange?

103 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter by movie's nationality/language

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I suggest you add the ability to sync watchlists in between IMDB and Letterboxd. I'm not sure if you could update IMDB, but you should be able to pull the data off of the IMDB watchlist. To sync, we would only have to enter the url of the watchlist's RSS feed.

Here is an example of an rss feed you could pull data from:

http://rss.imdb.com/user/ur35495296/watchlist

Couchpotat.to uses this method.

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wouldn't it be great if our profiles could have cover photos?

This would not be unlike Facebook, Twitter, or even the film pages themselves; every user would now just have the ability to post their own (hopefully film related) images for their covers. Heck, even if it's not film related, perhaps it would allow for some further insight into the mind of each user, and would provide an overall more enjoyable experience as clicking through reviews, likes, etc.

Just a thought!

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cover photos are available for Patron members of the site. They are taken from the backdrop of the first of your four favorites (if available). Let us know if you’re a Patron and your favorite film is missing an image.

8. There should be a random movie generator, somewhat similar to Flickchart, where you can have random popular or highly regarded films that pop up. When you mark one as seen then it disappears and a new movie pops up to take its place. This would make it a lot easier and faster to add as many movies as possible.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. So many movies have low quality posters, there needs to be an easier way for users to suggest a better poster. I also believe that the original art should be used and not some horrible photoshopped version which I see all the time. Editing out text from a poster messes up the design and makes most of them look awful because they are designed to have that text on there. I also think it is a bit of an insult to some of the amazing poster designers, especially when people mess up with iconic and classic posters by famous designers.…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Similar to how you can follow artists and bands on Spotify. It would be nice if we could follow our favorite actors, directors etc, and also have a "favorite actors", "favorite directors" and so on as we do with top four favorite movies on our profile page.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In addition to the Letterboxd's user average, have an average score of only your friends rating.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I understand that you need funding, but please - oh please - stop the video popups in the bottom right corner. I'm not even against video ads in dedicated spots in the pages, but the popup COVERS YOUR CONTENT. And it is also anathema to many accessibility guidelines that I know you know since the site is overall very well designed.

The video popup covers content, reappears relentlessly no matter how often a user closes it, and repeats the same ad over and over. Also, accessibility nightmare, hello?

If you need money that urgently, I'd be happy to chip in…

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Thread comments, similar to Disquis or Reddit comments (without upvotes for each comment). This will help the comments be more organized and keep each conversation contained.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Right now it seems Lists default to show covers with any added notes not being visible until the viewer manually switches View modes (which is just a small button). I like to have my lists with a bit of substance. I'd like to see an option while creating a List to be able to default your specific list to whatever view style suits it best.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow us to select and remove all or multiple flims from watch list, right now I have to click on films individually.

Thanks

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On the same day, I might watch film x and then film y, in that order. However, if I log film y first, the order in my diary will have them as y and then x, even though I watched x first. I think it would be a convenient feature to be able to reorganise the order of films logged under a given date in the diary view.

For example, I have found evidence that I watched a film on a day in 2015 that I forgot to log at the time. There was another film I logged on that…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would be great if we could cross two or more lists generating a new list (temporary or not) as a result.

A greater possibility of films exploration.

I'm always dying to explore better giant lists like Palm d'or Nominees to see how many films an director has in it. Or another example to intersect this previous list with Criterion collection etc etc.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note that you can already import one list into another (if you’re Pro, you can clone someone’s list and then—by removing everything above the column titles for film entries in the exported file the file—you can import this into another list). This provides a union of two lists, but not an intersection. We’ll have a think about list comparison for intersection.

20. When filtering by genres, allow the user to choose multiple genres. Allow the user to also choose whether to search for films that are, for example, Comedy AND Action, as well as Comedy OR Action, or even (Comedy AND Action) OR (Drama AND FilmNoir)

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?